A New Day

2 Months after the Brotherhood Attack...

Kid: Mr. L/N, come play us!

Y/N: Maybe later. I got some things I need to do.

The kids all protested but they eventually gave up as you walked away. It was nice to have everyone around again. The students contiued where they left off like nothing happened.

Well, it looked like nothing happened.

Kinda.

The school was rebuilt after Magneto's attack and things were back to their normal routine.

Well, normal for this school.

You entered the mansion where you found even more kids changing classes. You smiled at them and greeted those who greeted you as you made your way towards the Professor's office.

Once you reached it, you smiled at the sight of your friends.

Your family.

Well, some of them.

The Professor only called in you, Scott, Rogue, and Remy.

Scott: You're late.

Y/N: And I don't care. What's up?

The Professor smiled slightly. Good to see your humor hasn't changed.

Professor: Well, I'm glad you're here regardless.

Logan: The Professor had an idea. I don't know how I feel about it, but it's his choice.

Remy: An idea? What is it?

Professor: I have come to the decision that the challenges we will soon face will be difficult. So, I decided we should have both teams active.

Rogue: Both teams?

Scott: You mean two X-Men?

The Professor shook his head.

Logan: We were thinking, three teams. We have the X-Men with Rogue. The X-Force with Elizabeth. But we need another team.

Professor: A team to take on more threats at once. And a larger group to take on larger threats.

You and Scott looked at each other. You then grinned.

Y/N: Cool. When do we start?

The Professor smiled.

Professor: You just did. Allow me to fill you in on the details.

X-Men
-----------------

You leaned against the wall across the hall from the Danger Room. You haven't been waiting there long, but you were waiting there long enough.

The bell rung, signaling the end of the training session, and you waited as you heard some chatter. The doors opened and you watched as Kitty and Kurt walked out. They saw you and smiled.

Kitty: Hey, Y/N.

Y/N: Hey, kiddo.

Kurt: Laura is still inside.

Y/N: Figured. You guys going to that bonfire thing tonight?

Kitty and Kurt nodded.

Kitty: Are you?

You shrugged as you walked past them into the room.