The Brotherhood Pt. 3

X-Men

Mom: Y/N? Y/N?! Where are you hiding now?

Your mom looked around with a smile as she pretended to look around for you. She noticed your feet sticking out from behind the tent but she pretended not to notice.

Mom: Mmmm...where could he be?

Your mom smirked as she slowly approached the tent. She then swung the tarp open and yelled which scared you enough for you to fall backwards.

Y/N: Ahh!

Your mom laughed to herself as she helped you up. You smiled.

Y/N: You found me!

Mom: Yes I did. Now, come along. Let's get you some lunch.

You smiled and followed your mom. The ball cap on your head a bit too big for you so you had to wear it backwards but you didn't mind. You were going to be like your dad soon enough.

Tall Man: Howdy, Y/N. Lovely day, ain't it?

You smiled at the tall man that walked past you and towards some of the other performers. The Circus was your life. These people were your family. This was your home.

You were 6 yet again. Young and happy. Untainted as most would say. But you still loved fun regardless.

In a circus filled with mutants, you felt like you belonged. Like you were wanted.

You and your mom entered the tent which was your family's where you father was getting dressed for his performance for the first show.

Dad: Ah, there he is.

Y/N: Hi, papa!

Your dad smiled as he picked you up.

Dad: Oh! You're getting bigger. I won't be able to pick you up for much longer.

Y/N: No!

You dad laughed as he set you down. He then walked over and gave your mom a kiss. To which you made a face followed by a gross sound.

Dad: Just wait until you meet someone, Y/N. You'll want to kiss them all the time too.

Your mom gently smacked his shoulder as he left the tent to attend to other matters. Your mom got to work with making lunch as you looked around the tent. You could hear people talking outside and you could smell the various food that they were making for the show.

Y/N: Mama?

Mom: Yes, dear?

Y/N: Am I a mutant?

Your mom looked at you.

Mom: What do you mean?

Y/N: I don't have any powers.

Your mom smiled as she walked over to you. She kneeled down to look at you. She gently placed a hand on your head.

Mom: Y/N, rather you're a mutant or not, you'll always be our son. Our family. But if you do have powers, you must remember something very important.