Burying the Past Pt. 3

You pushed your way through the burning remains of the mansion. Jubilee stayed out of the flames since she had no way of protecting herself. As for you, you used your telepathy to push the flames away from you.

You found yourself in the center of the blast where you found Fahd standing tall, the fire burning away his clothes, and Betsy pushing the flames away.

Fahd: How did you do that?

Betsy: Why do you want Matsu'o Tsurayaba?

Fahd: I want him dead.

Betsy: Understandable. But why?

Fahd stepped forward with the orange flames dancing around his finger tips.

Fahd: You know him. Where is he?

Betsy narrowed her eyes at Fahd. She looked into his mind, but his thoughts were guarded. He wasn't a man, or a mutant. He was something else entirely. And he wanted Matsu'o dead.

He screamed out for a woman. His wife. Rhe same wife that was murdered by Matsu'o. He was a killer, just like she was. He left the bloodshed behind for the woman he loved. They were going to start a life. His lover was...

Betsy: Your wife...oh god....she was pregnant.

Fahd: Stay out of my head!!!

He relased even more fire which you blocked with your mind. You rushed forward and protected Betsy from the fire.

Betsy: Y/N?!

Y/N: Fahd, my name is Tag! This is Psylocke! We can help you! You just have to...

Fahd: Out of my way!

He threw a ball of fire at you but you sliced it with a telepathic blade. You then kicked a piece of burning wood at him which you charged. It erupted in his face and he shook his head.

Betsy: What are you doing here?!

Y/N: Not now!

Fahd charged at you but you flew up with your wings. Betsy grabbed his arm and flipped him over her shoulder but Fahd caught himself midair.

Betsy: Listen to me very closely. Matsu'o is not yours to kill. I have nothing but sympathy for your wife and child, but I cannot allow you to do this.

Fahd blasted Betsy away as he stood up.

Fahd: Psylocke, he said. He is wrong. I saw your mind just as you saw mine. I saw your desire for death. I do not care for your action against Matsu'o. He will burn in my fires for what he's done! If you stand in my way, you will burn too!

He ignited his entire body and flew up into the sky just as you landed. You stood beside Betsy as Jubilee moved through the dying flames.

Jubilee: You're alright!

Betsy looked over to where she left Yukio, only to find her complete missing. She escaped.

Betsy: They both escaped.

Jubilee: So did that guy me and Y/N were fighting. Uh, what was his name? Deadpool?

Betsy: I know where Matsu'o is now. I saw it when Jinn was in my head.

Y/N: Who?

Betsy: Fahd Jinn. The guy on fire.

Y/N: Oh. Well, let's go then. And after that, we can talk about how you shouldn't put people to sleep like you did.

Betsy blushed in embarrassment before she sighed and lead you all out.

X-Men
----------------