Our Youth

Y/N: You'll pay!

You charged forward towards the towering figure only to get swatted away. You landed on a large chunk of rubble which made your back sting immensely.

You groaned as you dropped to the floor and pushed yourself up. As you did, you looked up at your attacker.

Apocalypse: Hm. So, this is what becomes of my creations. Such a shame.

You struggled to get back to your feet

You struggled to get back to your feet. You looked right at him and activated Scott's powers. The giant just blocked it with his hand. He marched forward until he grabbed your face and lifted you up. He then slammed you into the ground which knocked the air out of you.

You gasped as he chuckled. Slowly, he raised his blade into the air.

Apocalypse: Now, die like your beloved Professor.

He brought his blade down to stab you. It never made it, however.

Rogue: Simulation, pause!

The holographic figure froze in place as you finally got your breath back.

Rogue: End Simulation.

Slowly, the Danger Room returned to normal as you laid on the floor, utterly defeated. You sighed as you looked up to see Rogue looking down at you.

Rogue: Rough session, Sugah?

Y/N: I've had worse.

Rogue helped you up and you limped over to the wall to avoid falling down.

Y/N: I seriously need that healing factor. Damn.

Rogue: Well, good luck getting it from Logan. Or Laura for that matter. There's another guy but, we try our best to avoid him.

You looked at her confused. You were so used to having 6 maybe 7 mutants constantly in your life. These people had countless.

Y/N: Right.

Rogue: You've been doing this same program for the last week. You haven't gotten much better.

You rolled your eyes and smirked.

Y/N: Maybe I need a boost. A kiss from a cute girl might do it.

You winked at her but she just crossed her arms.

Rogue: Unless you want to end up in a coma for three weeks, I would advise against that plan.

Y/N: So what I'm hearing is, I get a kiss from you and three full weeks of sleep? I'm sold. Where do I sign up?

Rogue smiled as she rolled her eyes. You stood back up and followed her out of the room. Leaning against the wall outside was Remy who was flipping a card around between his fingers.

Y/N: Hey, Cajun.

Remy: Howdy. I see this little spar ended like the others.

You gave him weak finger guns to which he smirked. The three of you headed back upstairs and into the main building.