Sabertooth

You stood beside Jean, Remy, Emma, and Bobby before a dark room. You knew something was coming. Something very dangerous.

Bobby: There!

You all turned to see a set of metal tendrils spring out from the darkness at five of you.

Emma: Watch your back, swamp rat!

Remy ducked under one of the arms and threw his card at it. It erupted but the other arms contiued to their own targets. You grabbed two of them, one originally targeted at Emma, and wrestled with them while Bobby jumped around to avoid the one attacking him. Emma used her crystallized arm to smash one of the arms while Jean focused her mind.

Jean: You're tangling with the wrong X-Man.

She used her powers to destory two of the arms, but the room sent out a flying buzz saw at her. She barely avoided it but she was slightly shook.

Rogue: This isn't some game, kids.

You smashed your metal arms and looked up at the view room above. Inside was the rest of your normal team and all of Rogue's. This was meant to act as a training session to see how well everyone can work with each other.

Honestly, it felt more like a punishment.

Rogue: These threats are patterned on those that the X-Men faced before.

Y/N: Flying buzzsaws?

Rogue: You'd be surpised to learn that this isn't even the worst of it, sugah.

You smiled slightly.

Y/N: I love it when she calls me that.

Remy: It just makes you melt inside, don't it?

You and him went back to fighting the simulation while Rogue carried on with her teachings.

Rogue: On the field, we can only rely on each other for support. We need to know that we can depend in each other. New X-Men or old. Or, uh, new and newer? You know what I mean.

You tore out the last metal arm as Emma caught the last buzz saw. Jean sat up from the ground and rubbed her head in pain.

Jean: I think I over did it again.

You walked over to her and helped her to her feet. You both looked at each other before she muttered a thanks and walked off to join the others. Looks like she was still avoiding you. For whatever reason.

Rogue: Alright. Time for the next team to go. Switch out.

You just sighed and headed out for the door.

X-Men
------------

Elsewhere, inside of one of the largest mutant prisons in America, the large individual known as Sabertooth was being held by unbreakable chains. He sat in the center of the massive cell which was guarded by no less than 20 men at a time.

 He sat in the center of the massive cell which was guarded by no less than 20 men at a time