Burying the Past Pt. 2

You opened your eyes to the morning light peaking through the blinds of the hotel room. Betsy's hotel room.

You looked over to see said woman getting dressed for the day. Quite a sight, actually.

Betsy stopped and looked over her shoulder at you.

Betsy: You're staring.

Y/N: You didn't have a problem with it last night.

Betsy smiled slightly as you sat up. You looked over at your gear and yawned as you got out of bed. As you got dressed, you thought back on the night before. Whatever happened, it was raw emotion. Not just for you either.

Betsy: I'm sorry.

You looked over at the woman when you finished buckling your belt.

Y/N: For what?

Betsy: Last night. I...we're hurting. Both in our own way. So...

Y/N: Let me guess. One time thing?

Betsy looked at you and smiled.

Betsy: Yeah.

Y/N: Deal. I....I think I figured some stuff out, actually. Oh, and never apologize for something so great ever again. Please?

Betsy laughed as you threw on your shirt.

X-Men
--------------

Fighting never felt so good.

You grabbed one of the gangster's arms and snapped it before you threw him towards a group which took them all down. You then reached your hand out and created a F/C blade of telepathic energy which you used to slice a wooden pillar which caused the balcony to collapse on another group.

Y/N: I'm loving this power.

Jubilee: I wish I had a bunch of cool powers.

She blasted off some of her own energy which sent a man flying backwards where Betsy grabbed him and slammed him into a table.

One more man tried to attack you from behind but you slammed your hand into his throat which sent him to his knees. Jubilee then blasted him.

This fine establishment is known as the 77 Club. One of the biggest Yakuza hideouts in all of Japan. Also the place where Betsy was looking for the oh so pressing question.

Betsy: <Where is Matsu'o Tsurayaba?!>

You smiled as you nudged Jubilee.

Y/N: I think I see why the me in this world fell so hard for her.

Jubilee: She is pretty badass.

Betsy grabbed the last man and slammed him up against the wall. She created a blade and held it against his neck.

Betsy: <You better talk. I'm feeling a bit impatient today.>
------------
Meanwhile, across the city in the Kabukiihd district, a man poured his patron another beer. He shakily handed it to the terrifying man. As soon as he did, he stepped back quickly.

He looked around his bar and at all the defeated men that were piled around. Countless taken down in a matter of minutes.

Man: <Please don't hurt me.>

Logan: <Keep pouring, and I won't.>
------------
You stood beside your small team among the bamboo trees that surrounded the Tsurayaba estate.

You looked over at Betsy and wondered what was going through her head. It was as if she was haunted. Haunted by her past life. A life taken by one man.