A Thief's Heart

You leaned against the wall of the command room as Gambit ran the simulation for Scott to rush through. Rogue was busy doing teacher stuff so Gambit, who taught P.E and Sex Ed (you were like 50% sure that most of these kids didn't even have genitals), offered to take her place for your and Scott's training.

Pretty good gig. Plus, Remy was pretty cool to be around. He was almost on your level of sarcasm.

Right now, he had Scott fighting some mind of space creature thing on some mind of asteroid. You wondered what went through his mind while he made this but then you recalled Kurt mentioning that Remy and him watched all the Alien movies recently.

As a matter of fact, it was when you and Laura joined Logan on his spiritual journey. And the same day that Laura kissed you.

Honestly, your head was full of questions and thoughts regarding her.

Laura: What happens between me and you is completely up to you.

You haven't really had a chance to talk to her since. She was busy with X-Men stuff and you were still running around with your team doing smaller things here and there. But, you would like to talk to her. Maybe get a clue on what you might be feeling.

As far as you have been interested in girls, you never really fell for anyone besides Jean. And boy, did you fall hard.

But that ship has sailed the moment you learned that Scott and Jean had a daughter. In this world, she picked your best friend. You doubt you stood a chance.

But, Laura's memories told you everything she had ever felt about this world's version of you. And honestly, from what you gathered, you and him weren't so different. Plus, she was a very attractive girl.

Maybe you could just take her out on a date. See how it goes.

Scott: Come on, Gambit. Can't you make this program a little tougher?

You turned your attention back to the Danger Room where Scott finished his run. Remy just chuckled.

Remy: What? You don't like Gambit to be gentle?

Scott: Our enemies won't be. Crank it up.

Remy rolled his eyes and cracked up the difficulty which restarted the program. He leaned back in his chair and kicked his feet up as he began to play with his cards.

Remy: So, what about you? Did Gambit go too easy on you too?

You shook your head.

Y/N: Nah. I got my exercise for the day just fine. Thanks.

Remy smiled as the phone began to ring. Remy picked it up and answered it.

Remy: Xavier's school.

???: Remy?

Remy suddenly sat up at the voice which caused him to accidentally turn up the setting in the simulation.

Remy: Who is this? How'd you find me?

Scott turned away from the monster only to find Magento, Sabertooth, and Apocalypse standing behind him. He dodged an attack which suddenly made your worry.

Y/N: Uh, Remy?

???: Remy, it's Pierre. You got to come down quick. It Kenny. He in trouble.

Remy scoffed.

Remy: Then let him get out of it.

Scott was smacked away by Sabertooth and you looked at the panel to see it was on maximum difficulty.

Y/N: Remy?!

Pierre: But, Remy. It's the tithe! Kenny disappear!

Scott contiued to hold his own against his enemies but he was quickly being overwhelmed.