[SUNGHOON] Rooftop

The boy looks up at the blue skies, clouds flying past above him as he lies on the the floor of the school rooftop. It's peaceful here, unlike the cafeteria that's always busy during noon. Even the classrooms are still noisy as some students love to hang out in their own classrooms while they eat. But the rooftop is quiet. No one ever comes here other than the boy.

Sunghoon loves it in the rooftop. He can just relax without worrying about anyone else coming since no one ever does. A content smile forms on his face as he looks up at the sky, lying on his back with his arms behind his head. He starts to close his eyes as he calms down even more.

Suddenly, he hears the door creak behind him and Sunghoon quickly sits up and turns around to see a girl, shrinking back as she meets the boy's eyes.

"Oh, sorry! I didn't know anyone was here!" she tells him, bowing apologetically.

Sunghoon, on the other hand, turns to the girl with his legs crossed infront of him now that he's facing her. "No, it's okay. You don't have to apologize," he tells the girl with a smile in such a gentle voice that the girl who felt frantic and embarrassed just a while ago quickly calms down and she feels a warm feeling inside her as she looks at the boy.

She notices that the boy's smile is just as gentle as his voice, and as the wind blew above the rooftop, his hair gently flew along with it as well, almost covering his eyes. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it, though.

"What's your name?" Sunghoon asks her, waking the girl from her daze.

"Y/N," the girl tells him, her grip on the door handle loosening as her hand drops to her side.

Sunghoon's smile brightens. "I'm Sunghoon. Care to join me, Y/N?"

The girl's eyes widen. She didn't expect him to invite her to sit with him. "O-oh, sure." She then walks towards him, leaving the door open as she awkwardly walks up to him and sits beside him, looking forward.

"So, what brings you here, Y/N?" Sunghoon asks her as he turns to the girl beside him.

The girl, who was hugging her legs close to her chest after she had sat down, hugs her legs closer to her as she rests her chin on her knees. She doesn't answer for a moment as she ponders. "I was looking for hiding place."

A curious look forms on Sunghoon's face as he looks at the girl, tilting his head. He then notices that the girl's ear is bleeding. "What happened to your ear?" he asks her, causing the girl's eyes to widen.

Almost immediately, the girl covers her ear as she stands up. "I-It's nothing! I just forgot something I have to do!" She quickly stands up, causing the boy to become surprised as he watches her stand up. "I'll be leaving now! Sorry for disturbing you!"

"W-wait!" Sunghoon calls out after the girl, standing up quickly to go after her. However, the girl was too fast for him as she leaves the rooftop before the boy even manages to stand up. The boy is alone again, and he sighs as he looks towards the door.

...

Sunghoon had always noticed you ever since he laid eyes on you looking out the window with your earphones on. You're from a different class as him, but that didn't stop him from seeing you almost everyday.

You intrigued him. He became curious about you because of how quiet and mysterious you are. And, though he found it hard to admit at first, he found you very pretty. But you never noticed him. You never really cared about students from other classes since you barely interacted with them and Sunghoon was no exception.

However, ever since that awkward interaction you had with him on the rooftop, you soon find him filling your thoughts. You tried to forget it all, his gentle smile, gentle voice, and the way his eyes crinkled when he smiled, but you couldn't. That all happened a week ago, but you never forgot him, nor did you ever see him again. You started to doubt if he was real.