[SCENARIO V2 - SUNGHOON] When You Find Out He's a Vampire

~• Smitten and Cursed •~

He didn't mean to be discovered.

Moreover, he didn't mean to be discovered by the princess herself.

Especially since he had already been able to charm her after everything he had done.

But now, he stood there in the middle of the forest, illuminated by the full moon's light and the princess watching from the shadows. He saw her, and it was then he realized that he had been seen in his true form, and all his plans had been ruined.

Your expression was unreadable as you looked towards the boy transformed before you. Because of this, he couldn't quite tell what you thought, but in the next second, you suddenly open your mouth, aiming to call out his name. "Sung–"

Sunghoon quickly dashed to you, getting behind you and placing his hand over your mouth. He felt you freeze... but that was all.

That was... strange, he thought, but after a moment or two, he hesitantly decided to remove his hand from your mouth. He did so, slowly, and when you didn't speak, he let his hand hang by his side while the other still rested on your shoulder. He waited, and it took quite a while before he could hear you speak.

"What are you?" you asked, your intonation questioning but your tone slightly monotone.

Sunghoon remained quiet. But when you did not speak any further, he opted to answer. "I believe you know what I am, my lady." You remained quiet, and soon, so did he. Then he spoke again, his voice still surprisingly calm as he spoke. "Are you not scared, my lady?"

"Have you come here to kill me?" you asked, and once again, you continued to confuse the young vampire.

Sunghoon still stood behind you, close enough to keep you from running. Maybe too close. What if you were to harm him in this position?

"Maybe," he eventually replied, then he felt you relax. For some reason, this made him put up his guard. "Are you not scared, princess?" he asks again. You remained quiet, and that was enough for him to stiffen in his uncertainty.

Then you heard her chuckle. "Just what is it that you came to the palace for then, vampire?" you asked, your voice strangely free of any signs of fear or uncertainty.

Sunghoon felt cornered, even though all you did was talk without doing anything that could threaten him. Still, to him, it felt as if that was exactly what you did.

Still, he replied truthfully, and only because he believed he had to, otherwise you would harm him to the point of death. He was scared, indeed, but he still opted to hide it lest it gives you the upper hand. "I came for your father. Is it not that obvious?"

"So then what was all that you did during tonight's ball? Were you going to use me to get to my father?"

Sunghoon remained quiet. Then he spoke with his head hung low, his lips just behind your ears. "Tell me, would it have worked, my lady?"

You abruptly turned around, and it surprised Sunghoon as he soon met your eyes looking back with a wicked hint. "I'm afraid not."

He stepped back, his fear now slightly evident on his face as he looked on at you. His eyes are wide, his mouth open, and his pupils slightly shaking. Had he gotten too close? Had he been poisoned? But that wouldn't make any sense now, would it? No poison could harm a vampire!

Then you smiled calmly at him. "Oh, don't fear too much. I did nothing to you that could harm you... I could never, after all. You had already completely charmed me that I don't think I could do something like that." You pause, then your smile turns into a sarcastic one for a moment. "Not to mention, I am a princess, after all."

Sunghoon watched you, observing your actions and looking for signs hinting that you were, indeed, telling the truth. All arrows pointed to a different direction, but none seemed to be pointing to the opposite. He just couldn't tell if you were lying or telling the truth. He finally decided to take his chances. "Will you help me then?"

Your brow raised in response. "In what? Getting rid of my father, the current king of the kingdom? Will that help me become queen faster, or will that mean you'll have to kill me, too?"

Sunghoon doesn't respond. Even more so when you smiled innocently and held your hand out for him to take.

"Would you like to bring this conversation back to the ball we're having then?"

And just like that, as if with the magical snap of a finger, Sunghoon found himself back within the palace walls, in the middle of the dancing people, and the princess holding her hand out to him still.

He became unsettled immediately, but something inside him told him to calm down. He looked towards you, and as he saw your smile turn somewhat sinister for a second, he urged himself to ask a question.

"Have you brought me here to kill me?"

You smiled in response, your lips curved like the crescent moon that would hide his identity and your eyes sparkling like the stars. And your hand still remained outstretched as you looked at him that way. "...Maybe."