[JAY] Rebellion pt. 1

"W-what?"

Jay's brows furrow instantly once his mind had processed what you had just asked him, and he looks at you as if you had just blurted out something absurd.

You repeat what you had said, and the disbelief he has been feeling just intensifies.

Then, a smirk forms on his face as he looks at you, letting out a scoff of disbelief and amusement as he answers your question.

"I don't care. Now let go of me already or else."

...

Jay furrows his brows, and his expression distorts into a frown as he keeps on thinking about what had just happened.

He didn't just imagine it, did he? But then again, why would you ever show up in his imagination.

Still, he could not believe what you had just told him as that was the last thing he thought he'd ever hear from you. And yet, they were just one of the actual first words you've ever told him.

Suddenly, he just grabs his hair and scratches it hard as he continues being bothered by it.

"Did I actually just agree to what she asked?!"

...

You stand firmly infront of him, looking at him through your small nerdy glasses and a few strands of your hair almost falling infront of your face. Still, you won't let that bother you as you keep your grip on Jay's arm, holding him just as firmly as your stance and the gaze you're giving him. "How do you do it?" you repeat. "Breaking the rules. How can you do that without being scared of the consequences or not even giving as much of a care?"

Jay continues looking at you with a look of disbelief, which then leaves him in the form of a scoff before he smirks. "I don't care. Now let go of me already or else." He tries to pull his arm away from your grip, but your grip stays firm, causing him to look at your hands holding his arm before he looks back at you. "Yah! I said, let go!"

"How can you not care?!" you suddenly shout, and Jay stops as his eyes widen. You keep your head down as you continue speaking. "Is it natural for you to be a rebel? If so, is it also natural for me to be just an overly obedient nerd? Can't I be rebellious for once, too?"

Jay's expression softens as he looks at you, but his face still shows coldness except for his eyes. "You're Lee Y/N. You're nothing but a wimpy goody-two-shoes. Of course, you can't be rebellious," he says, his voice uncharacteristically gentle which soon gets followed by an ironic sneer. "What kind of answer were you even expecting?"

You bite your lower lip for a second as you tighten your grip on the boy's arm, and he feels it, his eyes widening in reponse.

"Yah-"

"You don't understand it, do you?" you suddenly ask, and Jay redirects his gaze to you.

"W-what do you mean?" he asks, his eyes wide in bewilderment.

A sarcastic smile forms on your face while you keep your head down, but Jay catches sight of it, and his brows furrow once again as he wonders of what might be going through your head that you would smile like that. "If I become a rebel for a day... do you think they would treat me differently?"

Once again, Jay's eyes widen in shock.

...

"I just have to help her get the courage to get back at her bullies, right? Easy. It'll be over in no time."