[SUNOO] Lockers

You're at your locker for the first time today, about to open it to take your notes for your first class when you're greeted by a familiar person before you even get to place your fingers on the locker door.

"Good morning, Y/N-ah~," Sunoo greets you with his usual cute smile and wave as he walks over to where you're standing.

"Good morning, Sunoo-yah~," you greet him back with a smile as he finally reaches you and opens the locker right beside yours.

Sunoo has always been your locker neighbor ever since your first year of high school. Since you almost always run into each other first thing in the morning, the two of you got close and now you two are best friends. You're both from different classes, but because of the location of your lockers, the two of you always get to see each other everyday.

Over time, you started to know Sunoo more, and you got to know just how cute and lovable he is. In fact, you even started to develop feelings for him. Of course, you never showed that. You were scared that if you ever told him how you feel, it would ruin your friendship and make things really awkward for the both of you.

Back to the present, after Sunoo had opened his locker, you open yours as well. Surprise overtakes you when a light blue piece of paper falls from the inside of your locker and you pick it up. Sunoo peeks his head from behind his locker door just as you open it.

"Oh? Is that a love letter?" he asks you teasingly as he smiles at you playfully.

"It seems it actually is," you tell him with all seriousness as you see your name at the top of the paper.

Dear Y/N,
You may not know who I am (for now), but before I tell you, I'd like to tell you my feelings first. I like you. Once you find me out, can you tell me if I have a chance? Here's a clue: I'm your neighbor.

-🍑

Your brows furrow as you read the last two words of the letter. "'Your neighbor'? Why would my neighbor put a note in my locker then if he could just leave it at my home?"

"Maybe he's just shy?" Sunoo suggests and you turn to him to see him raising his shoulders in a still shrug. "Any idea who it could be?" he asks you as he closes his locker and bends over towards you to get a better look at the letter. Your heartbeat starts accelerating as he gets closer, but you don't show any reaction as he does this.

"I don't know," you tell him as casually as you can, "the writing seems familiar, but if this person is my neighbor, then there's a slight chance that it could be... Jungwon."

Jungwon is actually your next-door neighbor when it comes to the location of your homes. You've never really talked to him before, so you don't know much about him except that he's a quiet person.

"Jungwon? Are you sure?" Sunoo asks you. "You know, 'neighbor' doesn't just mean your neighbor by house address."

Your brows furrow as you look towards Sunoo. "What do you mean? Like, locker neighbors or something like that?"

Without you noticing, Sunoo's face starts turning red and he lowers his head as he fiddles with his fingers. "Yeah... like locker neighbors..."

Meanwhile, you don't even notice the hints he's giving you as you turn back to the note, wondering who "your neighbor" could be. "Neighbor, neighbor, neighbor... If it isn't Jungwon, then who could it be? I mean, there's no way it could be..." Your eyes widen when you realize something and you glance towards the boy beside you. "Sunoo?! My locker neighbor? But it can't be! Why would he like... me?"

Your thoughts are interrupted when the school bell rings and you look up.

"We should get going," you hear Sunoo say behind you.