[JAY] Rebellion pt. 2

It has been a week since the day you fought back against one of your bullies for the first time ever. And in that whole week, you were never attacked by any of your bullies again. Most of them at least. And the ones that did attack you always ended up being the one being beaten up (though not really), and you never even got into detention for it even once. How? Because Jay kept covering up for you.

You didn't know about that, though, but you did wonder why and how you always got away with getting into fights with your schoolmates. You had a feeling Jay might have something to do with it, but with the aloof demeanor he keeps giving you just like everyone else, you thought he probably doesn't care at all.

Wrong!

He does care. A lot. Probably even too much that he was starting to fear he might even be having feelings for you. Him, the rebel Park Jay, having a crush on you, the weak and nerdy Lee Y/N? No! No... you're not weak. Not anymore, as he thought. But he still denies having feelings for you, of course.

And sometimes he wishes you knew that he was the one getting in trouble for your fights. He's the one getting into detention, and sometimes even being brought into the principal's office, since it has only been now that the school was getting reports about him getting into fights. He's also the one placing new glasses on your desk everytime you got your glasses broken because of a fight.

And when asked by the principal why or how he got into that fight, his reply is always the same: He did it to protect someone.

Now, the two of you are somewhat friends, as you two often hang out at the same basketball court you started learning how to fight from Jay every after school, though your hangouts are mostly just you telling Jay how your day went. He didn't talk much, but just listening to you talk and seeing you sincerely smiling while talking about your day was enough for him.

And, yes, through all that, he still denies having romantic feelings for you.

It's the afternoon, and you're heading out of your classroom, heading towards the basketball court where you're hoping to meet with Jay when, suddenly, you hear something heavy hit the lockers just around the corner up ahead.

You stop in your tracks, and your brows furrow before you slowly approach the corner, peeking your head through only for you to have to hold back your gasp at the sight before you.

"I swear, you better keep yourself out of our business or else I'll make sure you never get to see the light of day again!" Junseong, another one of your frequent bullies, shouts at Jay after having pushed the latter against the lockers.

Jay keeps his gaze down, not caring much about the attacks he's getting, but a smirk forms on his face, and it seems to mock the boy attacking him, making him even angrier.

"Yah!" Suddenly, Junseong grabs him by the collar and holds him against the lockers. "Are you looking down on me right now?! Don't you know I can make you unconscious with just a punch?!"

Jay finally looks up at him, but upon seeing the boy's angry eyes, he scoffs sarcastically, then looks at him with an arrogant gaze. "Does it please you seeing other people writhe in your hold?" he asks, and Junseong's eyes widen.

"What are you talking about?" he asks, anger still evident in his voice.

"Not everyone is going to just bow down to you, you know," Jay continues, and his words just add more fuel to his attacker's rage. "Not even Y/N. I made sure of that. She's never gonna do it again, no matter what you do. And you're just gonna keep getting bruises on your face without ever even getting her into trouble for it." Jay's smirk returns, and Junseong just looks at him with an angry disbelieving look before he pushes Jay hard against the lockers one more time.