Fighting Hex VS. Animal Charms (Part 2)

~Third Person~

"The next round is skiing, right?" asked Pucca. Garu nods. "Can you drive a watercraft?" Garu nods, again. "Then I guess I'll be water-skiing," "5 minutes are up! Will everyone, including the audience, follows us? We'll be going outside for the next stage," instructed Matt. "Outside?" wondered Ching. 

"Yeah, there's a beach near here," replied Pucca. "Beach?" asked everyone as they walk. Garu has a questioning expression. "How do you know there's a beach near here?" asked Abyo. "I go out to take a jog every day. Also, this morning, I saw some people putting a lot of safety float lines in the water. I'm assuming it's for the water skiing." "I can see the beach!" exclaimed Ching, pointing. 

The beach is enormous. The Sun's rays aimed at the sand and the ocean, causing both to shimmer like jewels. Floats bounced up and down in the water as everyone took a seat in rows of sun chairs. "We'll now begin the 4th stage!" shouted Nisha with a megaphone. "The goal is to throw a ring in each of these floating ring toss holders. You're allowed to switch roles." 

"However, we'll choose a couple of people to ride on some watercraft with water blasters inside to make this more of a challenge," explained Matt. As soon as he finished, a lot of hands rosed up from the audience. Pucca looked at the crowd and noticed a familiar hand. She speed-walked to Nisha and put her hand on Nisha's shoulder. "Nisha." 

"Yes, Pucca?" "Can you not choose that person over there?" Nisha looked to where Pucca is pointing. "You mean Lazlo?" "Yes, him! He's been annoying me for the past couple of weeks! If you pick him, he'll do something 'romantic' and it might affect the tournament." "I see. Thank you for telling this private information. How about you and someone in Animal Charms pick the people." "Do you mind?" "I don't mind. I'll tell my brother." 

Nisha walked to Matt and whispered in his ear while Pucca sighed in relief. A hand landed on her left shoulder. "You okay-mew?" Pucca turned and saw Jewel, her opponent. "Yeah, I'm fine. You're Jewel, right?" "Yep-mew!" "Is "mew" some sort of sentence ender?" "Something like that-mew. I've been saying it since I was born." 

"I assume your skills are related to a cat, right?" "How do you know?" "1. Your team's name is "Animal Charms", 2. Your teammates we've met have animal-related skills, 3. I assume you are born with those stripes on your cheeks. You're "mew" and your tripes reminds me a cat species." "Wow! You're smart and precise!" 

"Oh! Would you help me pick the volunteers who are going to prevent us from winning?" asked Pucca, holding her hands. "Huh? Sure!" said Jewel with a smile. Pucca signaled Nisha. She replied with a nod. "Pucca and Jewel will pick the volunteers!" "Please don't pick that guy over there!" Pucca whispered to Jewel, pointing at Lazlo. 

"Why-mew?" "He's going to annoy me." "Okay-mew!" Pucca and Jewel each picked 4 volunteers. Luckily, none of them was Lazlo. "Thank you for not picking Lazlo!" cried Pucca, shaking her hands. "Uhh...... You're welcome-mew." sweat-dropped Jewel. People excitedly rush to the watercraft that are already in the water.

 "Let's start the 4th stage right now!!!" shouted Abyo. "Will the chosen members please pick your equipment?" asked Matt, politely. Pucca, Garu, Jewel, and Xyla picked their equipment and getting prepared for the match to start. "On your marks......." Garu and Xyla revved up their engines.

 "Get set....... GO!" shouted Matt. The jet skis zipped through the water while Pucca and Jewel are being dragged with water skis. Belt pockets wrapped their waists with 10 rings inside. Both teams reached the 1st float and tossed a ring. "Jewel! Incoming water blast!" warned Xyla, before it actually happens. Jewel ducked in time. 

"Looks like Xyla has the hearing of an owl," said Pucca as she blocked a water blast with a finger. Suddenly, water blasts and balloons aimed at both teams. "Garu, full speed ahead!" Garu steered the watercraft from left to right, repeatedly. They managed to score 5 rings total while Jewel and Xyla scored 6 rings.

 A water balloon splashed on Garu's face, making him steer out of control. "Looks like Pucca and Garu are having some trouble! How will this end up?" described Nisha. "Listen to my voice, Garu! I'll tell you which direction to go!" shouted Pucca. 

"Left. Right. Right. Left. Right. Left. Left." Garu can now open his eyes. "What incredible trust and teamwork!" complimented Matt. "Both teams scored 9 rings," said Nisha. "The last ring holder is actually in the air!" She pointed to a very, very, very long and stable pole with a ring holder on top and 2 big ramps. 

Garu sweat-dropped and looked a bit nervous. Pucca noticed his expression. "Can you make it?" He shook his head. "We'll switch places. On the count of 3. 1.......... 2......... 3!" Garu left the jet ski running while Pucca took off her water skis and tossed them to Garu, letting go the handle of the rope and running on the water. "Is Pucca...............

 actually running on water?" asked Nisha, her expression totally blank. "I must be day-dreaming..........Brother, pinch me......." Matt pinched Nisha's cheek and she cried in pain. "Nope, you're not day-dreaming, sis. Pucca really has amazing skills! But Jewel and Xyla have almost reached the ramp. Will they make it?"

 Garu finished putting on the skis and they both switched places. "Hang on, Garu. I'm going maximum speed!" The jet ski zoomed to the ramp and Pucca managed to flip it, making it easier more Garu to put the last ring. "Pucca and Garu of Fighting Hex won this stage!" announced the Oni Siblings.

Pucca and Xyla stopped their jet skis and they, including Garu and Jewel, gave everyone a "We had fun! Thanks for cheering!" expression. Everyone cheered even more. "How were you able to flip a jet ski?" asked Xyla. "I..... have no idea?" sweat-dropped Pucca. "5-minute break!" said Nisha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over 1,000 words!!!

Lately, I haven't been typing because of school work and also I'm running out of ideas............. I feel so............ disappointed in myself.......... But I also want to thank everyone for over 3,500 reads and 80 votes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never believe I get this many views and votes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, hope you like this chapter!!!!!!!!💙💜🖤🥳🤩

1-24-2021