Chapter 29: These Times Are Difficult

Titans Tower - Interrogation Room

Robin and Y/N are in the Interrogation Room, alone. This was a day that neither of them had thought would ever come, but here they were, never more upset and disappointed than either of them had ever been.

Robin begins pacing around the room, Y/N sitting down at the table ahead of the boy wonder.

Robin: I don't know what to do anymore. I just don't.

Y/N: (Deep and Tired Voice) Look, in case you're wondering; I'm not proud of what I did-

Robin: Then why did you do it? Haven't you ever heard of thoughts before actions?!

Y/N slowly stands up, looking devastatingly at Robin.

Y/N: If you're questioning me about thoughts before actions, you've got a lot to learn about yourself.

Robin responds, without changing the aggressive tone of his voice.

Robin: What are you trying to say?!

Y/N: You're kidding me right? You worked for Slade himself!

Robin: I did it to protect you guys!

Y/N: If you truly wanted to protect us, you would have charged at Slade without hesitation.

Robin slightly lowers his attitude, taking a few steps away from Y/N.

Y/N: (Scoffs) You must think you are a real bad boy. Your old man Bruce must be ashamed.

After Y/N's extremely offensive comment, Robin lets it all out.

Robin: Don't you dare talk that way about my father! None of us would be here if it weren't for him!

Y/N: Maybe that would have been for the better. I wish I could see the look on the bastards face.

While still wearing the face expression loaded with rage, Y/N walks over the door of the interrogation room, planning to get out of there.

Robin: Don't even think about leaving!

Y/N turns around to meet Robin's gaze.

Y/N: Oh yeah, what are you gonna do about it? Whack me with your little stick?

Robin furrows his eyebrows and reaches for his compactable staff from his utility belt.

Robin: I'd have to no other way. HIYAH!

Robin jumps at Y/N, staff first. The devastated leader thrashes his staff down at Y/N, but his target effortlessly dodges his attack.

Y/N: Oh, now I see why didn't take on Slade.

Understanding what Y/N meant, Robin transformed into Luke Skywalker, thrashing his staff up against Y/N many more times than one. But Y/N, being the Jedi Master he is, is able to grab hold of Robins staff, cracking it in half like a breadstick.

Y/N: Come on, what are you waitin' for?

Robin screams before charging at Y/N similar to that of a raging bull, unloading everything he had on him. Despite how much stamina and training Robin had packed in, Y/N was still able to dodge and deflect every attack that Robin laid down on him.

By the 100th attack, Y/N had enough and threw a kick to Robin's chest, propelling him flying out of the interrogation room.

Y/N: How do you like that Boy Wonder?

Robin wipes the blood from his mouth, before throwing his birdarang directed at Y/N's face. Y/N saw this coming from a mile away, however, as he catches the birdarang moving at full speed in between his fingers.