Chapter 28: Had Enough

Terra, dwarfed by the tumbling boulders that crushed her fellow green changeling, glares in the direction of the spot where he once stood, now coated with rubble.

She turns to face Y/N, aggressively pivoting her aggravated expression toward his direction.

Terra: Y/N! What did you do?!

Y/N: I-

The other 4 Titans do not hesitate to run over as fast as they can toward the mess of boulders. As Robin zips past Y/N, he shoots him a stare that reads, "What is wrong with you?".  Without saying a word, he proceeds to follow the other Titans.

Robin, Terra, Starfire, Cyborg and Raven remove all the rocks without skipping a beat in heart. Suddenly, Beast Boy shoots out of the pile of rocks, obliterating the pile into bits, after a huge rumble reverbs throughout the whole crystal mine. 

The green teen morphs back into his human form.

Beast Boy: Y/N! What the heck! Were you trying to kill Terra?

Y/N: No, I was trying to-

Beast Boy: Yeah, whatever! Save it for the judge.

She will be the one killing us.

Robin: (Sighs) Well, one thing's for sure. Things around here aren't going to be easy for the next few days.

Y/N, internally, is close to tears. His friends have accused him of attempted murder.

Terra: (Gasps) Guys, look!

The blonde girl points toward the interior of the cave. The other 6 Titans shift their focus over to where she is pointing, to find a tall armoured figure running off into the distance.

Robin: It's Slade. Titans! GO!

The Titans begin confidently running off to where they saw Slade. However, a certain team member stays put. Starfire goes to check up on him.

Starfire: Friend Y/N, are you... ok?

Y/N: I might as well stay back here. I'm sure they don't want me 'killing' anybody again.

Starfire: Oh, but Y/N, I do not believe you tried to kill Terra. I know that your heart is too pure.

Starfire joins her hands together up toward her chin and looks up at Y/N, her emerald eyes shining into his.

Y/N: I wouldn't be so sure about that. Now, why don't you go and help your and friends boyfriend?

Starfire nods and flies off into the cave and follows the light emitted by Cyborg. This leaves Y/N standing there, the huge space to himself.

Y/N: You'd better watch out, Slade.

Jump to the Cavern

Robin: Where could Slade be hiding?

Cyborg: Anywhere, this cave is pitch black.

Raven: I don't really see this place being crowded with hiding places.

Slade: It's not.

Cyborg gleams his shoulder-light toward the direction of Slade's voice, to observe him leaning up against the cavern wall.

Slade: Greetings Titan's. (Narrows His Eyes) Terra.

Terra, peers down at the floor, disappointment coursing throughout her body. Her mind is filled with thoughts she should never have even been considering. This luckily goes unnoticed by the Titan's.

Robin: What do you want Slade?

Slade: I suppose I just wanted a chance to meet your new member.

Beast Boy: Don't go anywhere near her!