Chapter 52

"I can't believe Hotch is okay with it. If it was you and me, Emily, he would have definitely been against it." Morgan argued as they shared a platter of fried pickles.

"Oh, for sure," Emily agreed. "But JJ has this magic touch with him."

JJ rolled her eyes and hit Emily's shoulder. "Oh, be quiet. It was you who gave the emotional speech."

"You did?!" Garcia asked, gaping at the brunette. "What did you say?"

Emily glared at her girlfriend. "Really, Jen? I still have to look like I have a mysterious personality. They can't know that I actually have feelings!"

"So who initiated the relationship?" Rossi asked the couple.

"I mean," JJ explained. "I was the one to tell her that I had feelings for her. But it was sort of both of us. We just admitted that we had feelings for each other. But technically it was me, I guess."

"When can I start planning for the wedding?" Garcia asked, jumping up and down.

Both Emily and JJ groaned and said, "Garcia..."
€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

"I think that went well," JJ said when they entered the blonde's apartment. "We aren't losing our job so that's a win."

"Definitely," Emily grinned before kissing her girlfriend. She looked down at Henry that they picked up from the sitter on the way home. He was sleeping peacefully in her arms. "I think he's tired."

"So am I after the few couples of days that we have had. I'm sorry, Em. I want to stay up with you, but I am so damn tired."

"Don't apologize," Emily whispered to her sweetly. "Let's go to bed. I'm exhausted."
€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
"Thanks for dropping me off," Emily said as she opened the door to her apartment building a few months later. "I feel like I've been living at your place for weeks."

"You basically have been doing that," JJ agreed as they stopped in front of the mailboxes. "Though I'm not complaining."

"I have no idea why you would," Emily noted as she opened her box and looked through her mail. She noticed a letter with familiar handwriting and smiled. "I got a letter from Remi."

"Ooh!" JJ said excitedly and walked over to look over her shoulder. "Let me see!"

Emily read the letter as it follows:

Dear Emily,

I have had a crazy few weeks. The flight was dreadful. Even though I had my headphones on, the person next to me thought that was still an invitation for her to talk to me. At least she was nice. Anyway, stepping off the plane just felt like coming home. Too bad that it wasn't India I was flying into. Dubai is beautiful. I planned on going to a new city per day, but I don't want to leave. Though, it isn't just the place that makes me want to stay.

Can you even believe that I ran into Jordan at the airport? She told me that I convinced her to start traveling. I'm still in awe that we somehow picked the same place to fly into. Jordan keeps saying that it's fate. Maybe I'm hoping that it is. We've been spending all of our time together. She even got a hotel room in the same hotel as me. I think that we are going to start traveling together. Though, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to want her to leave.

I hope that things are going well for you. How's Spencer doing? We've been emailing back and forth and he has been telling me all of the books he has been reading. But he hasn't told me anything about how he has been feeling.

I miss you like I miss my best friend. But I think we still made the best decisions. Have you talked to JJ? And please don't give me the whole "JJ is straight" spiel. I love you, Em, but you really are an idiot.

I would normally say that it would be weird about talking about S.O.'s to exes, but if I was too subtle before, Jordan and I are getting very close. She lets the light in.

Email me back (I don't know where I will be by the time you get this)!

Remi Ramirez