Chapter 43

"I cannot believe that you get a day off tomorrow. I'm so glad you get to stay home with me! I think you are just excited to help me pack!" Remi joked as she rolled her clothes up and placed them in a suitcase.

Emily snorted as she wrapped the couple pieces of pottery from other countries with foam sheets. "Yes, that's exactly what I want to do. How in hell are we going to be able to fit your stuff in three suitcases?"

"I've done it in one, Em," Remi reminded her thoughtfully.

She nodded and finished taping the product around the object. "Yeah, yeah. Okay. I finished these here. Are you going to wrap the clothes around them?"

"Yep. Come here," Remi said as she finished rolling up her shirts.

Emily walked over and passed her pile of wrapped pottery to her ex. She watched Remi place the objects carefully in between the layers of clothes. "The other two suitcases are filled up with my bathroom stuff and my books and DVDs."

"I'm going to miss the originals collection that you had."

Remi smiled at her sympathetically. "Well, at least I know what to send you for your birthday."

"Music to my ears, Remi."

The professor chuckled and replied, "Don't I know it. Alright, Em. I'm done." She zipped up her luggage. "All ready to go for tomorrow. Are you going to miss me, Em?"

"Every day," Emily told her honestly as she got up and laid on the bed. "It's going to be so quiet here without you."

"Eh, you'll be fine," Remi argued as she laid down next to her. "You'll be forgetting about me in a day."

"Oh shut it you nerd," Emily snorted as she rolled to her side. "You know I'm going to miss you."

Remi rolled over and stared into the woman's dark eyes. "I do indeed know that. Because I know how much that I will miss you. But I'm glad that I'm going. And I'm glad that you are staying."

"Yeah," Emily agreed thoughtfully. "At least we have tonight. What do you want to watch tonight?"

"Hmmm..." Remi pondered questioningly. "I'm in the mood for some good ole Psych. I need some good comedy."

They ate takeout. They laughed. They talked. They watched. They enjoyed each other's company. They fell asleep on the couch and dreaded the moment they would have to say goodbye."
€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
They walked the to point of no return and security checkpoint. After checking the couple of bags in, Remi was only carrying a backpack now. She turned to Emily with tears in her eyes.

"I think I should get going now," Remi whispered gently as she wrapped her arms around Emily's waist. "I loved being with you."

"Me too," Emily replied as she held on tighter to her ex-girlfriend. "I'm so happy that I found you staring at me in the bar."

"Well, I do have good taste," Remi joked lightly as she rubbed Emily's back.

They pulled apart and realized that they were both crying. Even though they didn't last as a couple, they meant a lot to each other. Both made each other feel worthy of love.

They wiped each other's tears away and laughed awkwardly.

"Don't be afraid of letting other people in, Em. Don't be afraid of showing people the real you. You are so lovable if you just let people in."

Emily's lips quivered. She hugged her again and said, "You mean the world to me. You're the light, Remi. You deserve someone who lets the light in."

"Thank you," Remi told her as she kissed her cheek. As she let go of Emily, she whispered in her ear, "I don't think JJ is as straight as you think she is." She then winked at her and started to walk into the line.

Emily watched her go through the line and waved at her every time she turned around. With one last look, before Remi had walked through the metal detector, they smiled at each other.

Emily watched her go and felt a small knot in her stomach. She was glad that Remi was going after what she wanted, but she was also sad to see her go.

Emily sniffled and pulled out her phone checking her message that the team had sent.

Hotchner: Case in Atlanta. The details are sent to your email. Take your time. We understand if you do not come.

Jareau: Hey, Em! I hope that Remi got through security easily! Text me if you need to talk! If you don't come to Atlanta, see you soon! Henry misses you! 3

Garcia: EP! Call me if you want to work on the case with me! I'm always here for you!

Rossi: These children are annoying me. Come here soon!

Emily snickered looking at her kind messages. She took a deep breath. She knew in the second that everything was going to be okay.