𝖘𝖎𝖝♡︎

"I survived on scraps," Five explained. "Canned food, cockroaches, anything I could find." He scoffed lightly, "You know that rumor that Twinkies have an endless shelf life? Well, it's total bullshit." He held his coffee cup with both his hands.

"I can't even imagine," Vanya shook her head.

"You do whatever it takes to survive, or you die. So, we adapted. Whatever the world threw at us, we found a way to overcome it," he explained.

"We?" both Vanya and Y/n asked at the same time.

Five ignored both of them, holding up the coffee mug. "Do you have anything stronger?"

Nodding, Vanya sighed. She got up and walked into the kitchen. "Do you want anything, Y/n?" Vanya asked as she got out a bottle from a cabinet.

"Oh, no. That's okay. Thank you though," Y/n said, walking around the chair that Five was sitting in and walking into the kitchen. Five got up, walking after her. Vanya got out a glass, pouring some of the alcohol into it before she turned around and handed it to Five. Y/n leaned up against the wall to the left of Five as he started drinking from the glass.

He brought the glass down to a normal position of him holding it and shook his head. "You think I'm crazy."

Yes.

"No," Vanya shook her head. "It's just-" she started stammering. "It's a lot to take in," she finally finished.

"Exactly what don't you understand?" Five asked, tilting his head. Y/n shook her head at him, rolling her eyes.

"Why didn't you just time travel back?" Vanya asked.

Five scoffed, then sighed. "Gee, wish I'd though of that," he paused, his face expression changing. "Time travel is a crapshoot. I went into the ice and never acorn-ed." He paused, "You think I didn't try everything to get back to my family?"

There was another pause before Vanya said something. "If you grew old there, you know, the apocalypse, how come you still look like a kid?"

That could be useful.

"I wanna know that too," Y/n stated, causing Five to glare at her. She shrugged, "You said you weren't a teenager, but you look like one. How is that?"

He scoffed, "I could ask the same about you." She rolled her eyes. Shaking his head, he turned back to Vanya before walking towards the counter behind her. "I told you already, Vanya." He huffed, putting the glass down on the counter and grabbing the bottle. "I must've got the equations wrong," he started to pour more into his glass.

"I mean, Dad always used to say that time travel could mess up your mind," Vanya said. "Well, maybe that's what's happening?"

Five put the glass down on the table, "This was a mistake." He turned around, walking towards the door. Y/n huffed, following after him. "You're too young. Too naive to understand."

"No, Five. Five, wait!" Vanya tried saying over him. Y/n sighed, turning around and grabbed Five's sleeve so he did the same. Glaring at her for doing so, she shrugged. "I haven't seen you in a long time, Five. And I don't want to loose you again. That's all." Five sighed, looking at the ground. "You know what? It's getting late, and I have lessons early, and I need to sleep, and I'm sure you do too." Walking over to the couch, she grabbed a blanket and laid it out on the couch. "Here. You can sleep on the couch. Y/n can too," she paused, looking up at Five. "We'll talk in the morning again, okay? I promise." She stood up straight, walking down the hall, "Night."

"Night," Five said, watching Vanya go into her bedroom and close the door.

Five went and sat down on the couch, glancing at Vanya's door. Looking back down, he grabbed something from his blazer pocket and unraveled it from a piece of fabric.