54 | Halloween Party

"So even when the village shaman would try to call down the vengeance of the moon upon his enemies, he was still a snappy dresser. Now, I hope that some of these native artifacts are going to inspire some culturally diverse costume choices this Halloween." Mr. G tells the class. "All it's inspiring for me is a nap." Benny tells Ethan. "Oh, I miss naps. The dreaming, the snoring, the drooling..." Rory tells him. "Since when did you give up drooling?" Ethan turns around to look at him. "Ah, naps." Rory rests his head on his desk.

"Aaaah! Here's a sight for scary eyes

"Aaaah! Here's a sight for scary eyes." Mr. G startles the class showing us a mask. "According to native legend, an ancient warlord would use this mask to bring to life the fighting spirits of his army. And the warlord's warriors would don the furs of wolves and bears and then-do you know what would happen?" He asks. "Animal-rights groups would protest?" Ethan asks making some students laugh. "They smelled like old carcasses?" Benny asks.

"The natives believed the warriors would turn into actual wolves and bears." I put my hand up making him proud. "Scary stuff, eh kids?" He says as the bell rings so we get our stuff together. "I saw that you were sleeping, Rory." Mr. G points at Rory. "I was just pretending to sleep." Rory tells him. "Oh great! Well, now you can pretend to stay after class and clean the blackboards." He smiles at him. "See you later Rory." I smile at him leaving.

"Ugh it's weird when couples dress up the same." Erica says passing me and Benny at my locker. "What?" We ask at the same time. "Your shirts are about the same. But congratulations on finally telling each other." She continues to walk away. Benny and I look at each other then our shirts. "It's only similar because they're green and have lines." I roll my eyes turning to put things in my locker. "Wait, did Erica just say finally telling each other. Telling each other what?" I close my locker just looking at him.

"I don't know you tell me when she said couple before that. I'm sick of this game we are playing... We're both the chicken. I'm going to find Ethan." I go to his locker with Benny following me. "So I invited Sarah to my Halloween party to night." Ethan tells us. "Why?" Benny asks him. "Why not?" Ethan asks confused. "Because it'll just be the three of us, that's why." Benny tells him. "Are you seriously trying to tell me that we don't have a dozen friends with ready-to-wear costumes and no Halloween plans? We invite the mathletes, and we're halfway there." Ethan explains to him.

"Aw. You really want to make Sarah's night, don't you? That's sweet." I tell him. "I just don't want to ruin her night. Anyways, we could at least invite Rory." Ethan's tells us. "What? Do you remember what happened last time?" Benny asks and we all think back to when he was a caveman on the couch. "And that wasn't even a costume party." Benny adds.