56 | Own universes

"Okay, here we go. Don't you think you guys are getting a little bit old for milk and cookies?" Samantha brings us four a plate of cookies. "Maybe. But you're never too old for a cookie sandwich! Mmm." Benny takes a bite out of three stacked cookie. "Just when I think you've found every way there is to be disgusting, you find another one." Sarah tells him making Ethan stop but I do the same as Benny. "Yeah, I know, right? Grow up, Benny." Ethan says making Benny look at him. "You do the same." I look at him before the back door opens, "Hello?"

" I look at him before the back door opens, "Hello?"

"Oh hi, Evelyn. Come on in. What brings you here?" Samantha asks her and Benny slouches as she come over standing next to me. "Well, I just wanted to make sure that Benny isn't making a mess." She makes the glass of milk spill. "Oh! Do you have any napkins?" She asks. "Stay put, no problem. I'll get some." Samantha leaves. "Grandma!" Benny whines.

"Well? What do you have to say for yourselves?" She asks us. "It's an easy explanation. Sarah didn't believe in trolls, Ethan bet me I couldn't conjure one, and Sadie tried talking me out of it because she always fixes my mistakes. What was I supposed to do?" Benny explains to her. "You didn't conjure a troll. You conjured a toll. It cost me five bucks to get out of my living room." She tells him. "Ha! Told ya you couldn't do it!" Ethan point at him. "And I told you how to pronounce it before for you spoke and you still said it wrong." Benny pouts.

"Here we go." Samantha comes back and Evelyn makes the plate fall off the table making her go get the dustpan. "Well, at least I conjured a toll booth. Can one of you two do that? Hm?" Benny asks them. "No, all I do is fight everything while you hide. And you drag Sadie with you all the time when she could actually help me because she's better at magic. You even hide every time that stupid robot dentist movie is on." Sarah snaps back.

"Hey! Cyberdontist came to this planet to fill our cavities with pain! And at least I'm not hiding from myself." Benny says back. "What's that supposed to mean?" She asks. "That you're a vampire who's afraid to bite people." Ethan says making her look at him. "What? He said it, I didn't!" Ethan puts his hands up. "And you're so perfect?" She asks him. "I'm just saying. Between Benny's misspelt magic and your smash-happy strategy, you'd both fail without my bulletproof genius plans." Ethan tells her making my jaw drop. "Excuse me, we equally make up the plans and yours are not bulletproof. All of you would fail or take even longer to figure things out without me." I snap at him.

"STOP! You four are a team!" Evelyn tells us as Samantha passes by. I sense a coming darkness. A force so powerful, so evil, that none of you stand a chance against it alone. Only by working together can-," She explains but I was the only one listening to her while the other tree were on those phones.

"You have to work together!" She says. "Yeah." Benny looks up making her sigh, "You see what I put up with?" I look up at her making her pat my shoulder. "Did you guys hear that thunder?" Samantha comes back making everyone look at her. "I did." I answer her. "Thank you for the cookies Samantha but I gotta get home." I get up from the table. "I'll walk you next door." Benny jumps up making the other two look at him. "Sadie sweetie, I just wanna wish you luck tomorrow." Evelyn rubs my back. "What's happening tomorrow?" I ask confused. "You'll know." She leaves.