CHAPTER 28: CIOCCOLATA

"PUSSY KILLZ..." BY NAS

THAEDRA and Dre just arrived in Riverdale Oaks of Riverdale, Georgia. At the home of Janice Capoli...

This nigga just loves keeping up shit, him and Drew get on my nerves

I glance around me at this split level on the corner, quietly subdued by thick and tall, fire red and green Burning Bush hedges, that I would die for. And Dre's admission to me just now. It ain't no surprise.

"We gone have to talk later Dre, you trying to make Drew kill you," I tell him and turn to get out, and he grabs my arm.

"Naw, no I'm not. Come on, keep it real. Me and Ski talk, and I'm ridin', straight down and he know it. And you know it. I fucked up wit Makayla yeah – But I'm just tryin' to tell you dat I need to get da fuck out from around you Thaedra. And get me some pussy. You know how I feel Thay, come on man. Get Plato or Nard or Valley to do dis shit," he tells me. Sincerely. Damn. Okay. I feel it.

"What's da problem Thay, we good, and you know I gotchu if one of them niggas call me," he tells me when he sees my expression.

"That's the problem, I know you love me, so I know you got me. They ain't gone look out like you do, and TJ and Alissa are all used to you and shit, you Uncle Dre. I trust you to watch my back next to Drew. But you're right, you need to get out from around me before you fuck up – or how come I can't just hook you up with some pussy that we can trust to hang around? And you stay my personal bodyguard?" I ask him. I look up when Janice opens her front door. Let me go-

"Maybe. Go 'head, we'll figure sum'm out. Or you need me to go in witchu?" he asks me. I shake my head getting out, grabbing my purse.

"Nah. This girl talk," I tell Dre...

Janice gives me a genuine smile when I walk up, and I smile back at her.

"Where did you find that Burning Bush hedge? I wish," I tell her.

"My cousin Vinnie's cousin Carmine owns a nursery back home, I'll get you some. And oh my God I love the blue and green fur. Mali's or Doo Mink?" she asks.

"Mali's," I let her know.

"Impressive," she gives me a nod and I have to laugh.

"Come ahn. We'll talk out here in the core. My cousin Joey has this thing, like my husband Pauly did, and like my Uncle Pauly, and his brother Franky, my son Franky too – but they awol have this thing about total privacy," Janice Capoli tells me, walking me to her garage. And suddenly a picture of a mobster jumping out from behind me and putting a plastic bag over my head, pops into my mind.

I look over my shoulder before I get into her Mercedes...

"Okay. Let's not beat around the bush heeyah. My nephew Pauly? He's the one who got the goods," she tells me and drops some photos in my lap. I stare at the pics and get the fucking chills.