CHAPTER 2: THE FIRST DATE

"Every hour is ours to share, and every heart, needs another heart. And yours? Just might need mine. Tonight."...  "Everyone has heartache, and everyone gets lonely.. everyone needs someone to talk to... and every love, needs another love... and yours, just might need mine. Tonight... " TONIGHT BY KEM 

I stare at the man on my phone

I stare at the man on my phone. Drew. A murderer and a convicted felon who's been basically stalking my social media pages. And protecting me from harm. From my own baby daddy.

"All this is just too much," I say. Totally overwhelmed. Yet, feeling so warm safe, and excited.

Yet still apprehensive. Taking new baby steps, into uncharted and taboo territory. A thrill, that I can feel so deep, that I'm not even mad about Thomas anymore. Hell. I'm not even thinking about Thomas...

I realize that I'm not missing my baby daddy, or any man lying next to me right now. At all. Totally distracted from Thomas's web of lies. I want everybody to stay the hell away from me right now. And leave me to my phone, and this secret world.

"I feel like you straight. Yo son made the Honor Roll. You just wrote a new poem, and it's fye. You gotcha new Benz. Got rid of that dead weight ass nigga. And you got a real nigga on the phone witcha. Ready to ride fo' ya," he tells me and we lightly chuckle.

"You just been all over and down thoo my page, haven't you?" I say and he laughs, and we make goo-goo eyes at each other. Oh my God, this is fun. I get shy and look away.

"I told you. I've been watching you. Every little thing about you since I saw yo profile pic. The one with the red dress," he tells me.

"You gotcha new business up and running smooth

"You gotcha new business up and running smooth. I saw where you posted that you filled your last bed. Congratulations," he tells me, and I smile. It feels good to be noticed by a man for what I do.

"Thank you. I do have a lot to be thankful for," I admit.

"Well. Tonight? While you got that sparkle in yo eyes? Just for me? You should just relax. And celebrate," he tells me...

As his eyes burn into my soul... I lie back on the bed, and stare back....

"That's what I say," he concludes. And his eyes go all over my face. And I'm at a loss for words.