butterflies & nervous smiles

"Come on, Gia! The meet and greet starts in an hour and mom wants us there early!" I groaned at my obnoxious sister and walked downstairs quickly.

"I'm ready, Gracie. Jesus. Let's go." I grabbed my keys and we practically ran outside to my car. "You know he's gonna be there."

I sighed sadly and nodded before pulling out of the driveway. My sister was referring to my ex-boyfriend, New Orleans Pelicans' back up PG Austin Rivers.

Yeah, we were so in love and obsessed with each other. I almost married him..

"I'm over him, Gracie. We ended on a good note." I totally lied to her and I'm sure she knows.

"Bullshit, G. I know that jerk broke your heart. Don't lie to me. I'm your twin. You can't lie to me, anyways. Besides that, you're 23. Live a little, girl. It was too soon for you two to get married. Trust me, it would have been messy."

I tapped on the steering wheel and looked up at the red light ahead of us. "I wonder if he'll approach us first."

I rolled my eyes and laughed with Gracie. I hate having a twin sometimes. I swear, we have the same brain. "I wouldn't put it past him. Just ignore him and stick with the fam."

I bit my bottom lip and nodded before pulling into the Smoothie King arena parking lot. "Let's go. I'm sure daddy is gonna be happy to see us."

We ran inside and smiled at the guards, who returned the friendly gesture. "Monty is waiting in his office, ladies!"

We stopped running and hugged Stephen, one of the head security guards. "Thank you, Steph!"

He nodded and we continued walking at a quick pace. We waved at the staff and finally approached the office.

"DADDY!" We walked in and bombarded our father with hugs and kisses.

"When did you two get here?" He wrapped his arms around our shoulders and kissed our foreheads.

"Not too long ago, pops. Where's mom?" He walked us outside and chatted with us as we walked to the court.

I got more anxious as we walked past the locker room. "Are you okay, G?" I nodded and looked up at the players who were standing around, waiting on us.

"Daddy, where's everyone? I saw cars outside and some fans were making their way in."

He looked down at me and raised his eyebrow. "Maybe they're waiting until 6:30 hits, I don't know."

I sighed and shrugged before poking out my bottom lip. I looked at the guys and smiled once they looked towards us.

I approached them and waved at all of them. I saw a smiling Eric Gordon and laughed as he pointed at my shirt.

"You deserve a hug for that." He pulled me into his chest and squeezed me.

"E, let me go!" He loosened his grip and kept his arm around my shoulder. "God, I haven't seen you in a long time. What's going on with you?"

I shrugged and wrapped my arms around his mid-section. "Trying not to kill Gracie and avoiding Austin." I watched them interact and it looked suspicious to me.

"I don't know, but I have this hunch. Like something's gonna happen and it's gonna be bad." I groaned quietly and he squeezed my shoulder gently as I looked up at him.

I don't know what it is, but being around Eric is so comforting. He's amazing and definitely cute, but nothing more than a friend.

"Don't stress yourself out, G. I'm serious. You always do this to yourself. You're too good for that." He gave me a small smile and I nodded gently.