Chapter 32

(Please play the music, it is so important for this chapter! It took me ages to find it haha, enjoy!)

"H-Hallie Blackwell."

Hallie's eyes were completely devoid of pity or sympathy. How could she ever feel sympathy for a man who had ruined her life? Lucius reached out his hand to make sure that Hallie was real.

"Don't touch me," she said in a monotone voice.

"How did you find out?"

"Secrets always have a way of revealing themselves, Lucius," she turned around and stood infront of the fire place, taking in the only feeling of warmth existing in the Malfoy household.

"After all of these years," he whispered.

"I won't bother you for too long," Hallie said, still not looking at him. "I have questions, you owe me that much."

"Well?" He replied, scowling. "What do you want to know"

"You're very confident for a man who's reputation is very much on the line," Hallie folded her arms. From what I remember, that means an awful lot to you."

Lucius looked at her and stepped back.

"It's a dangerous thing," she claimed, taking a step forward. "And of course, a weakness."

"Don't lecture me about weakness, you silly little girl," he laughed."You're here for the exact same reason."

"For reputation?" Hallie questioned. "You clearly don't know very much about me, which of course, is expected for someone who abandoned me at such a young age."

"For answers," Lucius sneered. "You're here for answers because you think it'll actually help with all of the stuff going on in that little head of yours."

"The confused truth," He laughed again, feeling more strength in his tone. "Tell me, Hallie, what would happen if you didn't figure out your past? It would eat you up inside, it already is."

"Oh you think you know everything, don't you," Hallie gripped her fists in anger. "The truth of my past is only part of who I am."

"Why did you come here then, Hallie?" He asked in the same silky voice, devoid of emotion. "Did you really think this would help?"

"I thought that maybe, just maybe," she began to shake with anger. "You'd be able to explain your side of the story. That you would be able to help me understand the truth."

"There it is again, weakness," Lucius stepped forward."You wouldn't be able to hold the truth. This is Joe you react to truth. You demand further answers. You're weak Hallie, weaker than your grandfather."

"Let me make something very clear," Hallie began. "Blood may convey otherwise, but you are not and never will be my father. You're a feeble, corrupt man who can't even apologise for his wrongdoings."

"I have nothing to apologise for," he said with a heartless tone. "I made sure I hid the truth so that you wouldn't find out. It was your business to go and sneak about and go digging where you're not welcome."

"You bastard!" she said with disgust and sadness present in her voice. "You're obsessed with power. You never did any of this for your family, you did it for your own self image!"

"I love my wife, and I love my son," he said, starting to get angry. "Every man has to make sacrifices. You will never understand that."

"You love your wife so much, yes. That's palpable, considering the relationship you had with my mother!"

Lucius gulped. "Y-you little brat. That's none of your business."