Chapter 24

Once we make it to the house I bring her up the stairs to my room. She sits down on the bed and looks at me. I open the bathroom door and wet a washcloth.

"My name is Toni Reyes." She looks at me as I walk closer to her. I hold out the rag and she takes it from me wiping the dirt and wolfs bane from her skin.

"Well im Adalynn Carter but everyone callse me Addy." I say.

"I've heard of you. Figured you were a lore though that the wolves tell their children when they are growing up." She says.

"Nope thats what most people say when they meet me. That or they underestimate me and it never turns out well for them." I laugh.

"Toni I have some spare clothes if you would like to get a shower." I say. She nods and I show her everything in the bathroom.

Once the water starts I head back down the stairs to give her privay. The living room looks like a med tent. People are scattered all over the living room covered in blood some still trying to heal from the wounds they obtained in battle. Others are breaking the news to their loved ones. Dad and Anna stand in the corner helping entertain the kids who are crying and still freaking out from the attacks.

"Addy." I turn and notice Olivia standing in the corner with blood covering her body.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"I am, but Mary she isnt they killed her. They just ripped her to pieces she was trying to protect me. I was to into my pride to come to the classes and she died trying to protect me." Olivia cries.

"Hey its not your fault. Im sure Ella is worried sick about you. She is in the living room with the others." I say.

She nods and leaves me in the kitchen by myself. I open the fridge and grab two waters and an apple and head back up the stairs. As i'm walking in Toni is walking out of the bathroom.

"I brought you some water and an apple. Figured you'd need something to get your strength up." I say.

"Thank you." She bites into the apple and looks at me. "So I guess you want to know where I am from?" She ask.

"I am but I wanted to let you get some sort of strength before I started with the questions. I wanted to let you want to tell me. I promise not to push if you dont want to answer." I say.

"Your much kinder than a lot of the wolves ive meet." She says.

"I know how it feels to be on the other side." I say.

"What do you mean?" She ask.

"How about this you can ask a question and i'll answer and then you can ask a question." I say. She nods.

"Ok. So was the Alpha in your territory?" I ask.

"Alpha Sam Torren." She says. "What did you mean by other side?"

"I used to be beta to this pack but no one treated me as such. They treated me like I was nothing. I was gum stuck to their shoe. My maye was Alpha Murphy but he rejected me so I left." I say.

"Why did they take you?" I ask.

"I used to date Sam's son Adam. I guess they thought they could use me as leverage."

"Why did Murphy reject you?" She ask.

"Honestly i dont think we were ever right for each other. In him rejecting me I found my mate." I say.

Do you know who too you?"

"Travis Redden." As soon as the name leaves her lips I feel my blood run cold. It's like the entire room is an ice box.

"Do you hate Murphy?" She ask.

"No. I dont I love him but not like I would have with the mate bond. I hope he finds his second chance mate. He deserves someone who will love him fault and all. I know we were never meant to be together we were just catalyst to find our real mates." I say.

"He sounds like something else." She says. I laugh and nod.

"That he is." I say. Toni yawns and stretches trying to wake herself up.

"Lay down and when we all talk I will come get you. No one will hurt you here that I promise." I say.

"Thank you for being so kind to me Addy." She says.

"Not even a problem." I say.

I close the door leaving her to get some sleep.

"Now to deal with this shit storm." I say.

*******************

THOUGHTS ON TONI???????