Chapter 28

"Addy!" I look up and Toni is smiling at me. I can see Murphy not far behind he with this smile on his face.

"So I see everything went well."I say.

"Yeah we talked about a lot of things last night." Toni says. Murphy sits down and Toni sits down on his lap.

"Didn't take long for yall to figure you two wanted." 

"She was very much resisted for the longest time it wasn't easy. She wanted very much to walk away to your place." Murphy says, but he looks at my neck and shakes his head. "But I guess that wouldn't have been wise." 

Toni looks at me and then at my neck and her eyes go wide and I cant help but pull my braid around to cover my neck.

"Looks like you had a good productive night." Toni laughs.

"Well now that this is awkward as fuck I think i'm going to find Aspen." I say. I grab the sketch book and my pouch and slide off the railing.

"Actually you're not looking for him." Toni says. Finn and Jason walk up with a smile on their faces.

"What the hell is going on?" I ask.

"Aspen wants us to keep you company while he gets some things in order." Jason says.

"Alright well then lets go back to my dad i'm hungry and I want to get out of these jeans." I say.

"Fine but to the house and only the house." Finn says.

"How about me and Toni has a girls day and you boys go back to beating each other." I say. Toni follows me back to dads house.

I open the front door and Anna is sitting at the island flipping through a magazine. Toni looks at me and I nod. She heads towards the kitchen and I take the steps two at a time. I slide on some shorts and a nice tank top and head back down the stairs. I can hear Anna and Toni laughing.

"The mate pull is one that is strongest with mates that let their hearts guide them. If there is resistance then that creates doubt in yourself and that creates a barrier that was never there, but your wolf side picks it up." Anna says.

"But I'm human. How in the world would I have a wolf side?" 

"Everyone has some sort of primal side to them. It is basic human instinct. Our fore fathers just had a little more of that primal side then most." I say.

"Don't listen to Addy." Anna looks at me and shakes her head at me.

"What?" Toni looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

"You are not wearing that on your date." I look down at my outfit and back at Toni.

"Look Aspen seen me look worse and still loves me I think he will be fine with the fact that I look like this

"Look Aspen seen me look worse and still loves me I think he will be fine with the fact that I look like this." I say. I brush past Toni as she sits back down on the stool next to Anna. I grab a water out of the fridge and the mac n cheese she made last night.

"Now your going to eat before your date?" She ask.

"Yes Toni I am going to eat because I am hungry and I want food."

"Let her be." Anna says smiling at Toni.

"So I forgot to tell you the good news. Murphy finally contacted my parents and they are relieved to hear I am still alive. They want me to come and visit soon." Toni says.

"I kind of figured they would have been on a plane out here to see you." I say. The microwave beeps letting me know I can take the food out.

"They would but the pack is on lockdown." Toni looks at me and I can see the sadness swimming around.

"I'm sorry, but what does that have to do with your parents?" I ask.

"They were turned about the same time I was taken."

"Why didn't you tell me that before when we were talking?" I ask. Weirdly I feel hurt by the fact that she kept something like that from me.

"No offense but I didn't know you and honestly I still don't know you. I mean you are amazing and I feel like I've known you for a while and ive heard the stories but I don't know you on a personal level." Toni says still smiling at me.

"I guess, but I wish you would have told me." I say.

"Like she said Addy she wasn't comfortable telling us that kind of information at the time." Anna looks at me and back at Toni her eyes full of understanding. I nod listening to the conversation answering here and there and where it is really needed.

"So Addy are you excited for the date?" Toni ask.

"I guess I mean its weird you know. It's like since he met me we've always been close always together so I haven't needed it. Honestly I wouldn't mind if we didn't do anything but he wants to do this." I say.

"It's romantic he wants to show you how special you are. Honestly you aren't like most girls Addy. I think you would rather be kicking someones ass then be on a date." Anna says. I shake my head laughing.

"I do." I say.

"Honestly though I wouldn't care if he didn't want to do the whole date thing. I know he loves me and I know I love him. Goddess I love him with every fiber of my being and I always have. The day he found me when I had given up on everything. I had given up on being alive I asked for immunity within his pack. I knew coming back here I would have killed myself to escape the pain. I have come so far but only because of the people I surrounded myself with." I say.

"When I met your dad I wasn't broken but my first mate had been my heart and my soul I thought I would never be happy again. I thought I was going to die alone and I didn't want to be alone so I prayed to the moon goddess to send me someone that would love me every cracked piece. Your dad on the other hand was broken into so many pieces that I didn't know was even remotely possible. He looked like a man who had been beaten down." Anna looks at me with eyes filled with sorrow. "He wanted to die he told me about all the awful things he had done all the hateful things he did to you. The things he let others do to you. He didn't want me around told me if I didn't leave he would reject me because he didn't deserve to be happy it took me months to get him to see himself in another light."

"I didn't know that." I say.

"He doesn't want you to know, but the point is Aspen wants to show you who you are to him so let him just as your dad let me." Anna says. I open my mouth to say something but the knock on the door makes me close my mouth.

"Addy is here right." I get up and walk down the hall Aspen stands in the door frame holding sunflowers in his hands.

Maybe I can like this date thing.

*************