Chapter 25

Dear Wyatt, it says. Yes, we know who you are and where you live. Who we are is none of your concern, but as you should know...we have been watching you. So far, we are impressed with your skills as a hacker, especially your young age. We would like to recruit you to our team, but first look inside the mask.

I picked up the knight mask then turned to its back. There was another note inside it. I plucked the note from the mask then inspected it. The note turned out to be the second draft of the letter.

Our team handles a lot of underground work, it continues. We follow very strict procedures, which I cannot tell you. But I can tell you this, no one, not even the police or your parents should know about your activities. Tell them, they will suffer the tragic consequences, like your girlfriend, Ivy. Especially you, my boy.

I don't care if you say no. You will join us Wyatt, one way or another. Let me explain about our work: we are a secret organization here to terrorize the good and the evil. But we are not like you Wyatt, we are much more...sinister.

Sincerely,
Unknown

I threw the note and the mask back into the box then shoved it into the trash can. I was about to close it but I was reminded that I was being watched. Angrily, I took out the box then placed it beside my computer. Great I thought. I wasn't getting any breaks. I started pulling the contents out of the box again until there was another folded note.

I sighed immensely. I was getting sick and tired of reading, but I have to find out what was going on. I opened the note, but as it turns out it was a plane ticket to Paris and it expires next month. On the back it was scrawled in pencil. Be patient, it says. We'll find you when it's time.

I didn't understand what it meant, but I didn't waste no time finding my Visa card, a passport to Paris, and packing my things. As I changed into my grey shirt, blue jeans, and sneakers, I placed my grey cap on my head, grabbed my stuff then head out the door.

"Here you go, Wilson Bennett," lady in the front desk beamed. She handed my stamped passport back to me. "Thank you," I said gruffly. As I boarded the plane to Paris, I shoved my luggage into the compartment then inhaled the aroma of stale peanuts. "Excuse me, sir," a young woman said. "Do you mind if I sit here?" I glanced at the woman's eyes then gasped. It was Ivy.

"Ivy?" I asked in amazement. Ivy wore a long brown trench coat, slender pants, and black loaves on her feet. On her head were black sun glasses. Ivy only looked at me then sat down beside me. Instead of asking obnoxious questions, I joined her in sitting down on the chair.

"Hey Wyatt," she whispered. "I heard the news." I stared at her for a brief second then looked away. Ivy didn't say anything, she slipped her fingers into my hand then held it. I did not recoil by her sensitive touch. I only squeezed her hand back.

We are preparing to fly in three minutes, the announcer said. Ivy rested her head against my chest while we stared at the noisy passengers.

To be continued....