Chapter 9

(Flashback)

Three days after I left my mother and my pathetic step-family, I joined a notorious group called the Heroz. They were a pack five black hatters whose satanic goals were unknown. Our meetings took place in an underground bunker whose owner had died from recent heart cancer.

I served as a  right-hand man to the main leader, Sav4. Born and raised in Ohio, Sav4 was a social outcast, like all of us. No family, no home, and not even friends. When it was Sav4's sixteenth birthday, he celebrated by putting a thousand banks out of business, sabotage the traffic lights, and his personal favorite, releasing all prisoners out of their jail cells.

It felt awesome being in a group of hackers, but what I hate about them is that they never took off their masks or their black  hoodies, especially Sav4. For some I never knew the other members real names. All I know that they have one big shot of turning people against each other.

I knew Sav4 was a dangerous man to mess with, so as I working with him, I kept my mouth shut and do what I was told. The other members like, Phat$, Hornet1972, and Romeo, were working behind the ropes, making sure that all of the coding  were flawless. If one code screws us up, then Sav4 will "kick someone out". I even saw him losing his temper to a former Heroz member once. And, let's just say she never came back.

While the members were out of the sewer, causing chaos, I was monitoring my mother through a hidden camera stuffed inside of my favorite teddy bear.

"This is all my fault!"my mother cried. Her auburn hair was knotted and damp as if it was spaghetti. Her face was covered in snot and tears. What was not shocking is that she was wearing a bathrobe, carrying her wine glass.

"Oh Mom," I sighed. When I saw Clarence in the Living Room, I snarled under my breath. What is this clown doing here, ruining my mother's grief? I thought angrily. "It's alright dear," Clarence said. "I'm sure that Wyatt is just a spoiled child, not seeing what a hard-working woman you are."

"But Wyatt is my son," she protested. "It's been so hard on him lately. With his father's arrest-" I abruptly turned off the laptop. "Hey Destroyer," Sav4 said, walking to my direction. "How are you doing?"

Other than listening to my mother blabbering about my life to a hypocrite, I nodded happily. "I am doing fine sir," I said. "Where are the others?" Sav4 sat down beside me then answered, "They are hacking into the Chicago bank, right about now." "Oh," I said, looking interested. "Is there something you want me to do-"

"Chicago Police!" Someone cried. We looked at one another in pure fear. "Oh man," Sav4 groaned. "How did they know about our hideout?" I threw my laptop into my backpack then scrambled out of the sewer system. Wait, something was not right. "Sav4, where are you going?" I asked furiously. Sav4  tossed a wad of money at my feet then hurried out of the sewers. "Sav4!" I cried, racing after him. "Go kid!" he shouted. "I'll keep the cops busy!"

I snatched the wad of money from the ground then ran out of the sewer through the back door. "Surrender," the policeman ordered. The cops pointed their guns at Sav4. As Sav4 made two steps forward to the police, two  policemen shot him in the back.I then watched as Sav4 being shot multiple times through the abdomen, legs, and head. "Sav4.." I sobbed.

The other members of Heroz suffered the same fate as well, except for Phat$. Last time I heard him, he committed suicide by jumping out of the window of a grand hotel in Vegas.