Chapter 10

Despite the woman's tragic death, I felt fine when Ivy took me to her house. It wasn't like my clustered apartment: it was spacious, clean, and in top condition. Her walls were covered in pale blue. Her carpets were woolen as a sheep, her tiled floors brought out the cheerfulness in her living room, and the furniture was polished to perfection.

"This is amazing," I gasped. Ivy blushed then looked down at her feet. "I do a lot of cleaning." A slick calico cat entered into the living room with a big frown on its face. "This is my cat, Cookie Dough," Ivy greeted. "Cookie Dough, say hello to Jordan." Cookie Dough circled around me with pure interest then rubbed its head against my leg.

"Awww," Ivy crooned. "She likes you." I grimaced then looked down at the cat who persisted on flirting with me. Instead of petting it, I shooed the cat away from my leg. "I'm making popcorn," Ivy called from the kitchen. "Do you want some?" "Sure," I said. I started surveying the rooms until I came across an empty room with a writing desk.

As I entered in the room, I found the walls being coated with newspaper clippings about my father's arrest, Computer Tech, and most of all clippings about the "crazed hacker".  I walked towards the writing desk, then opened its drawer. Inside the desk, I found grey photos of me.

I stared in horror then went through then one by one. There was a photo of me entering into the bank, me sitting on the bench, and me walking to the coffee shop. Thankfully, there were no photos of me getting out of my apartment.

I took out the files out of  the desk and found private documents, but this time it was of Clarence. "The popcorn is ready!" Ivy shouted. "Just give me five minutes to wash my hands!" I called back. How or where did she get them? Was Ivy a cop? No, she couldn't be a cop, she's the same age as me. I thought.

So, if she wasn't a cop, she must be a Private Investigator. But the question was, who hired her to spy on me and Clarence? As much as I want to take them, I couldn't because she might find out that I have taken them.

"Hey Jordan, are you coming?" Ivy asked. I quickly put the file and photos into the desk drawer then slammed it shut. Ivy appeared out of nowhere, wearing her white tank top and blue pajama pants. "Yes," I breathed. "I'm coming." Ivy looked at me curiously, but did not ask me any questions.

"What took you so long?" Ivy groaned. "It doesn't take you that long to wash your hands." I shrugged sheepishly as she poured the popcorn onto a glass bowl. 

Ivy poured hers onto a bowl then sit on a chair across from me. "So tell me about yourself, Jordan." Ivy said. "What do you like to do for fun?" I munched on my popcorn then looked at her straight in the eye. "I like computers." I answered. "My turn, what do you like to do for fun?"

Ivy only smiled then changed the subject. "You are interested in computers, like your dad?" That question threw me off balance. She knew all along that I was lying to her, obviously. Two can play at that game, I thought. "So what are your interests? Stalking or taking pictures?" I asked. Ivy's sneering smile deflated.

"Excuse me?" she demanded. "Have you looked into my things?" "Truth or Dare?" I asked politely. Fed up, Ivy chose truth. I leaned forward then snarled, "I want to know the freak who hired you."