Chapter 1

My name is Wyatt, but because my last name was too long, it was hard for anyone to pronounce it, especially me. On my father's side, I had sandy brown hair, baby blue eyes, and pale skin. I never inherited anything from my mother, except her stoic personality.

While my mother was Caucasian, my father was raised in Germany. My father, Zachariah, had a strong mind and a charismatic smile. He was a lean, built thirty year old man who worked as a computer programmer. I basically learned everything from him: from creating flawless coding to website pages.

Unfortunately, when I was twelve, he was arrested for supposedly "bankrupting the company". As usual, my stay-at-home mother only focused on filling contents into her wine glass than focusing what was going on.

A month after my father's arrest,  my mother got over her drinking problem and married my father's boss, Clarence. He was an overweight, hardheaded moron whose personality reminded me  of a pig. His eyes were black and beady, his nose was too big for his face, and his mouth was lopsided.

What was terrible about him, is that he has two ruthless daughters: Brittany and Jasmine. Brittany was a petite skinny blonde girl with fair skin and baby freckles. Like her obnoxious sister, Jasmine has fair skin except she wore her brunette hair into two pigtails.

(Flashback)

When it was my thirteenth birthday, no one celebrated my birthday. My mother was on the couch ,watching a movie with Clarence while the Horrid Twins were talking to their friends through their cellphones.

After months of torment, I decided I had had enough. I started shoving my toothbrush, toothpaste, and other items into my backpack then quickly marched upstairs to get the $150 my father stored inside his desk drawer.

As soon as I marched downstairs, Brittany looked up at me as she was talking to her friend. I yanked the photo next to the couch then stared at it. It was the photo of my dad and me posing in front of a Chuck-E Cheese's Restaurant.

Without warning, Brittany yanked the photo out of my hands. "Give it back!" I cried. But Brittany would not give up. "What's going on?" Mother cried, swiveling her head to look. "Brittany wouldn't give back my photo of Dad!" "He's a criminal," Clarence sneered. "I wouldn't think your dear daddy care about you, right Brittany?" Like a spoiled brat she was, Brittany eagerly nodded.

My mother just sat there and did nothing. Brittany then threw the photo in the trash and went back on her phone. I quickly recovered the photo then marched outside.

"Wyatt," said a voice. I turned around and saw my mother. "Where are you going?" "Anywhere than being with that fatso!" I growled Mom tried to keep up with my pace, but I walked faster. "Mom," I sighed. "Stop following me." "I'm your mother-" she began sharply. "Really? You sure don't act like it." I snapped.

My mother gritted her teeth, but said nothing. "I'm going to take a bus to far away from here," I explained coldly. "And I'm going to bail my father out of jail. You can just go back to your new low-life family."

Clarence and the girls were outside of the house, staring at us as if we were criminals. I hoisted my backpack and turned my heel away from my mother, who was already bawling her eyes out.