10 | hangout

Today's Saturday, the day I hang out with Ashton and about 3 weeks since the court date. I'm not sure how to feel about it since I've only known him for four weeks. Oh well, how bad can it be?

It's not like he's a famous drug dealer or a gang leader, heh. Cue nervous laughter.

He better not be any of those or I'll be the one killing him.

It was also my birthday today, unsurprisingly, and I went out of my way to tell Ashton that today's hangout also landed on my 18th birthday.

I looked at my closet and frowned when I didn't know what to wear. Was this a date or was it just a normal hangout? I don't want to text him what I should wear because that's too forward.

My usual outfits consist of hoodies and I'm not sure if that's appropriate.

I continued looking at my closet in despair, and the longer I looked the lazier and hopeless I was getting. So instead of trying to care, I opted out with a tank top and some skinny jeans. I pulled on my black combat boots and covered my eye and cheek in makeup. It was slowly fading, but it was still visible if I didn't put on some makeup.

I looked at myself for a second, nodding my head before my eyes landed at my boobs. They were so uneven.

I walked back to my bed and looked at my phone. I expected him to text me saying he was outside but instead I heard the doorbell ring.

Oh dear god, was this a date?

I wiped my sweaty palms on my pants and breathed in as my mom called me. "Maya! You have a visitor!

I looked in the mirror and pointed at myself, "You can do this, you are a goddess, you are unstoppable." I flipped my ponytail and marched downstairs.

My boots were loud on the wooden floor as I entered our living room where I saw Ashton in a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and black jeans that hung over his converse just slightly. His dark brown hair curled up around his face while the rest of it flowed flawlessly. I felt like I was drooling until someone cleared their throat.

"Where do you think you're going? You're grounded." My mother stated but I just smirked at her.

"It's Saturday, my weeks up." I lied easily and almost smirked when she actually believed me.

Her smug look fell and she grumbled, cursing my existence as she walked to the kitchen. "Let's go before my dad comes." I rushed out and pushed him out the doors.

"You look nice." He said and I tried to contain the blush that crept up but failed miserably.

Stop complimenting me you big imp!

"You don't look bad yourself," I said and tried to keep my voice even. I was still getting shocked by his good looks and the fact that he wants to talk to an imp like me.

He opened his truck door for me and I got in, looking around the nice interior. This truck must have cost a fortune.

I didn't bother asking where we were going because I assumed his house, but once he started heading for the mountains and pulled in front of a cliff I became clammy.

"You're not going to throw me off, right?" I said, laughing nervously.

"No, but I can't promise." He winked and got out of the truck.

I cursed him and opened the door, getting out myself. He grabbed some stuff and began to lead the way but I kept tripping over rocks since it was dark out. He cursed under his breath and claimed my hand in his.