9. Initiating

This is a short chapter not that others are any longer, but I have a reason of why I left it where it ends. Read the note at the end.

Thank you all for reading/voting/commenting. Sorry for the spacing if there are big gaps just the way it's being formatted by Wattpad.

--------------

Two  Months Later

As soon as he wakes up, he runs to his dad's bedroom and jumps on his bed.

"Dad! Dad! Wake up!"

"I'm up!” He responds to stop Danny from continually jumping on the bed. "Good morning. I see you're excited for soccer practice."

"Yes! We have to get ready."

"Go on take a shower. I'll go prepare breakfast." Seth states with a smile.

"Okay, dad."

***

"Dad, we have to go." Daniel urges Seth excitedly.

"Calm yourself. We have enough time.”

“But we have to pick Caleb up!”

“Just need to put on my shoes. Do you have your bag? Okay, let's go."

Once they arrive at the recreation center, they see other parents with their children in the field waiting for the coach. Once they join the group, Danny and Caleb go join the other kids while Seth stands aside. He is anxious and nervous; aside from school, it is the first time he will be leaving his son.  He tries to ease his worry by telling himself that Danny has Caleb.

Sprinting toward the field, the Coach sees the parents gathered in a group talking while their children do the same. Getting closer, he notices a parent standing to the side of the circle, but he isn’t able to see who he is because of how he’s standing. The Coach wonders why, but he does not dwell on it instead he calls everyone's attention. He introduces himself as Nathan Wallace and begins telling them about practice, gives his thanks to the parents, and lastly starts to call roll.

Seth turns his attention to the Coach when he announces his arrival.  His breath is caught in his throat at the view in front of him. Without realizing, he is openly staring.

His red hair just seems to beg to run my fingers through it and his green eyes are soo green. I did always like green eyes. His tan is just perfect with his lean, but muscular body.

He is brought out of his haze by Danny tugging on his shirt.

"Uh."

"Bye, dad."

“What?”

“Practice is going to start dad.”

"Oh, have fun." He tries to say enthusiastically.

Did I just miss all the information? Can't be thinking about him. I have no time for this.

***

Calling the children’s attention Coach Nate gives the children instructions to sit in a circle and how they are going to introduce themselves. He can’t stop his heart from accelerating when he sees Danny knowing that he will be meeting and interacting with Danny’s dad officially.  

How did I not see him this morning? I can’t feel this happy that I’m going to have the perfect opportunity of meeting him officially.  He is already committed to someone.  I will not be a homewrecker.  Focus on the job. Nate thinks.

Putting an end to his thoughts and feelings for now he listens to his students. Already he can see Danny’s lively personality. He notices that Danny sits next to Caleb in a sort of protective gesture. He wonders why. Nate then proceeds to have them run laps to gauge their endurance.  

Danny keeps a constant speed along with Caleb. Two other kids trail behind the large group. On the second lap, Danny slows down to join the stragglers, a gesture that will earn him the title of captain.  The kids pick up their pace as they see Danny and Caleb join them.  The rest then notice Danny and Caleb slow their pace too. Already, Danny has them working as a team without the others realizing it.

I wonder if Danny’s personality comes from his dad. Nate wonders.

As time for practice comes to an end Nate can’t help, but feel giddy at the thought of meeting Danny’s dad.  A feeling he is trying to fight, but will realize how futile it is to do so.

“Okay, kids great job! Next time we’ll practice different plays to see what positions you will play the best in. While we wait for your parents, you can talk amongst yourselves.”

All the kids sit in a circle talking to each other. It is different in that they are not sitting in little groups that kids sometimes form. Nate grows more excited with the anticipation. In order to calm down, he sits down with the kids. He catches bits of the conversation between the kids with all the parents arriving.

“I just have a dad.” Danny says.

“Where is your mom?”

“I don’t have one.”

Why does he say he doesn’t have one? If she was with them last time I saw them. Nate wonders.

--------------------

I want to know how/when you imagine Seth and Nate meeting : ).  I want your input and your response will help me write the next chapter, so thanks in advance : )!