Chapter 30 - Banquets

You remembered something.

Jinwoo wouldn't get the dragon's blade since he didn't beat Hunter Thomas to a pulp.

Alright time to gaslight gatekeep girlboss and mansplain manipulate malewife Thomas into giving it to me as compensation then

"Jinho! How are you feeling?"

"Good as new sunbae!"

"Good!" You clasp your hands together.

Jinwoo has an arm around your waist. You're wearing a pretty tight suit. Your chest is out for the world to see and everyone's been staring. You go bestie!

"Thank you for healing me so quickly Y/n sunbae..." He rubs his neck sheepishly. "You've done so much for me..."

The three of you carry into a conversation, and a man stops you.

"It's an honor to meet you Hunter Sung Jinwoo. I'm the CEO of a global corporation specializing in dealing with monster remains." The man smiles. "We'd like to purchase all the giant monsters that you've hunted. Do you have a moment?"

"I'm mainly in charge of the raids, and my vice chairman here is in charge of all business-related matters." Jinwoo turns to Jinho.

"I'm Ahjin guild's vice-chairman, Yoo Jinho." Jinho smiles.

"Ah yes nice to meet you."

"I usually don't talk business in these kind of places, but just for you..."

Jinwoo walks ahead with you, and you smile.

"He's really a proper vice-chairman now."

"Still catches me off guard," You smile. "He's grown a lot."

"Hunter Sung, here's the list," Jinwoo takes an iPad from him, and you smile.

"I'll head to the food table,"

"Alright," He kisses your forehead.

I love him I wanna get railed against a window next time-

You head to the table, and you feel an aura behind you.

"Good evening to you too Thomas," You turn around with the glass of champagne in your hand.

"Hunter Y/n," He smiles. "That was quite the statement you made with that corpse."

"What are you here to detain me? Don't forget you still owe me a favor," You grin. "I wasted a good amount of gold creating that art piece you know?"

Thomas sighs. "I would fight you, but you nearly suffocated me to death with that aura of yours the other day."

You grin. "You owe me. I could have wiped you out for not keeping him in check as well."

Thomas smiles. "Why didn't you?"

A light gold emits from your body. "You tell me... fragment~"

Thomas emits an aura bigger than yours, and he grins. "You're a coward."

"Should've called me that while I ate the absolute being's heart." You shun him.

Thomas and you emit enough aura to render the A-ranks and low S-ranks immobile.

"Hunter Y/n, Hunter Thomas."

"Evening bestie," You grin as Liu Zhigang places a hand your head. "Oi hand off my hair that took my stylist twenty minutes-"

He grins and smiles at the two of you. "Please tone the aura down. Half of the people here are suffocating."

"Still the same boring peacemaker as always," You sigh and lower your aura. "I wanted to beat Thomas to the brink of death."

"You don't need to make it a yearly mission." Liu Zhigang smiles at you. "Do it in an abandoned factory if you're really that desperate."

"Speaking of which," Thomas clears his aura. "I still owe you from last year. What would you like?"

The people around you two gasp for their breath.

"A dagger?" You think. "Yeah, probably a real good dagger."

"Doesn't sound like something for you-"

"I use swords more often," You agree. "Yeah it's not for me. It's for the boyfriend."

"Which one would you like?"

"Kamish," You smile. "That should be it-"

You feel something off.

"Excuse me, Thomas," You run through the crowd, and you grab Jinwoo. "Gramps is in trouble. We need to get back to Korea. Now."

"Hold tight."

Jinwoo warps with his shadow, and the two of you see the Ice monarch.

"I was right..." You ditch Jinwoo, and you tend to the chairman.

"Come on... come on..." You mumble. "Deactivate monarch portals."

The portal that the Ice monarch was in the middle of opening collapses, and you watch as Jinwoo fights him.

"Come on..." You mumble on the verge of tears as you watch his lifeline slip away from you. "I'VE SAVED EVERYONE SO FAR DON'T YOU DARE DIE ON ME-"

A bright glow emits from your body, and you bite your tongue. "Resurrect."

[Resurrection failed. Two tries remaining.]

"Resurrect." Tears fall out of your eyes.

[Resurrection failed. One try remaining.]

"YOU DAMMED SYSTEM RESURRECT HIM!" You cry. "WHAT GOOD AM I AS THE CREATOR IF I CAN'T EVEN BRING BACK THE DEAD?!"

The chairman glows, and you watch as his lifeline comes back. You break into a sob as your healing finally works on him.

"Y/n... Strongest... When the time comes... please remain on the side of humans..."

"NO! Chairman I'm going to save you so please!" You cry. You put more mana into it, and the chairman grabs your hand.

"Y/n... I think... the reason... that this body hadn't died on me yet... was so that... I could watch the shadow sovereign come back... please... tell him to stay with the humans..." He smiles, and tears roll out of his eyes. "So thank you, thank you so much..."

His hand falls to the side, and your heart shatters.

"Chairman!! CHAIRMAN!" You sob.

[Resurrection failed. Hunter is unable to be saved]

"YOU DAMMED SYSTEM!" You cry. You're shaking from your tears. Remembering that there's the cause of all of this fighting Jinwoo, you stare at the system files. "Delete Ice Monarch."

[Confirm to delete Ice Monarch?]

"Confirm." The man pixelates away, and you hear him scream something at you.

"Without me you'll never be able to delete Antares!"

You want to delete the system, but you could only delete characters as a co-creator. Antares could be deleted, and technically you could return the world back to its state before the portals and monsters, but Jinwoo has to finish leveling up. On top of that, you'd be gone by the time that you could do that.

You sit next to the dead chairman, and you sit there until the rain stops.

Jinwoo cries with you.

He holds you in his arms, both of you comforting eachother.

A cold autumn rain falls, and the two of you sit there for the rest of the night.

And as Life, you felt useless for once.