Chapter 5 - Chicken with beer... and coffee?

"Jinah! Jinwoo! I brought friend chicken!" You call as you open the door to their apartment. It was nice sharing house keys.

"Ooh! Is it some special occasion today?" Jinah peeks from her room and rushes to the table.

"Ask your brother. He's the one who wanted me to bring some," You shrug.

Jinwoo walks out of his room in a white t-shirt and sweatpants.

"Did something good happen?" Jinah sits down and you place the chicken and cola on the table.

"Well, I'm not sure if it's good or bad yet..."

"wow what happened? You're usually so stingy with food that Y/n brings," Jinah speaks.

"Oh shit this chicken bussin," You mumble as you bite into the chicken again. "Oh yeah by the way you can't feel the effects of alcohol anymore."

Jinwoo gawks at you with a half empty bottle of beer and you grin.

"System's calls."

"Ugh dammit..." Jinwoo realizes something. "Then..."

"Aren't you eating? If you don't eat I'll eat it for you!" Jinah calls after him as he heads to his room.

"Feel free to gain weight."

"Stay jealous!" You bite down into another piece. "Oooh I kind of regret not getting the 30 pack now... Something wrong Jinah?"

"Ah it's hard to adjust to him after he started training." Jinah licks her fingers of the sauce. "He was easy going before and it seems like his personality's changed a bit..."

"True huh," You mumble. "Ah well, it's not like he's being all stuck up after exercising."

"True..."

The two of you continue to have it and suddenly the phone rings.

"Hello?... yeah this is Jinwoo's sister. Ah Y/n is next to me... sure." Jinah turns to you. "Someone's on the phone for you and Jinwoo."

"Huh?" You take the phone from her hand. "Call your brother for me... hello?"

"Ah is this Y/n L/n?"

"Yes this is Y/n,"

"Do you and Jinwoo happen to be free right now? I wanted to grab a cup of coffee with you both." You blink.

"Who is it?" Jinwoo takes the phone from your hand.

"Jinho. The boy from the dungeon."

"Ah." He stares at you. "Put a hoodie on we'll head downstairs."

"I didn't bring one."

"Grab one of mine," He shrugs.

HUH????

You sigh and grab a random one from his closet. "Let's go."

-⧖-

"How'd you get my number?" The two of you settle onto the chair at the cafe.

"I have connections with the guild."

"I didn't expect to meet you again,"

"You're my saviour."

"Well you shared the magic crystals with me so I earned some money." Jinwoo smiles.

"Saved us a lot," You beam.

"Also, since you kept quiet there's been no problems so far." Jinwoo smiles menacingly.

"T... Those guys tried to kill us first." Jinho stumbles over his words. "we're hunters so we can't just die easily. It was a fight among hunters."

"So, why did you request to meet us?"

"Sir...I'm actually planning to create a personal attack-"

"Declined." Jinwoo deadpans.

"B-BUT I DIDN'T EVEN FINISH MY SENTENCE?!!"

"I don't need to hear it." Jinwoo stands up and pulls you up as well. "Since you're creating an attack force you want me to enter. I was wondering what it was but I have no intention to play around with a rich kid. I'm going if there's nothing else."

"JUST 20 TIMES! NO JUST 19 TIMES! PLEASE GO WITH ME JUST 19 TIMES!" Jinho yells.

"Where, dungeons?"

"Yes! I'll give you your share properly."

"You should know based on the last incident that hunters not only kill monsters, but also kill humans. Raids aren't just extreme sports. Even so you're going to create an attack force? Are you in the right mind to say that even after seeing such a terrifying scene?"

Jinwoo turns around in realization. "Could it be... you want to become a guild master?"

"Yes sir!" Jinwoo turns around to leave and Jinho grabs him by the sweater. "Please at least listen to what I have to say..."

Jinwoo stops and stares at you. "Well?"

"What?"

"You're my guide aren't you? What do you think?"

You freeze and recall the words you told him when you introduced yourself to him again. He remembered?

"I think it's a worthwhile decision," You smile.

Jinho explains everything to you guys, and you stir your iced coffee before drinking it. Jinwoo looks like he's in thought.

Jinho hands Jinwoo a paper and hands you another one.

"?! 3 billion?" You gawk. mmm get that bank... cAN YOU PAY MY BILLS CAN YOU PAY MY TELEPHONE BILLS CAN YOU PAY MY AUTOMO' BILLLSSS ehem sorry

"3 billion?"

"It's the building we're constructing, and we plan on using it as the guild office. The estimated price is 3 billion, but it will rise."

"So you're saying it's just a small investment as long as you can become a guild master?"

"That is correct sir,"

You down the remaining half of the coffee.

Jinwoo turns to stare at you.

"Any thoughts?"

"Nope," You grin. "All up to you Jinwoo."

"I have a condition." Jinwoo turns at Jinho.

"You can tell me anything sir!"

"The three of us. The three of us, no one else goes."

-⧖-

You sigh as you stare at your professor rambling about the course.

Portal studies were really... boring. So many wrong guesses, but such little knowledge on it.

"You good?"

"Ah," You turn to stare at the girl next to you. "Chaeyong."

"Something happen with that little boyfriend of yours?"

"We're not dating," You sigh. "I'm just worried"

"Well we all are." She smiles at you. "Speaking of which, when are you going to get tested by the association?"

"When Jinwoo wants to," You shrug. "I still need to exercise before I'm at my best."

The woman looks at you, and she sighs as she hands you a canned coffee. "Do you still have a crush on him?"

"Can't help it," You shrug. "Emotions are outside of my control."

"How unfortunate."

"I know right..."