Phantom and Night Chap 20

**Picture above: Medea as a Canid***

"Yam?"

"He'll be back soon, Warren."

Ardent smiled lovingly at his son that is curiously playing with his long hair. He was carrying the boy trying to calm him down when he had a tantrum 2 minutes ago. He just cried and didn't want to be touched. It was not like Ardent hated all of this. Even when his son turn into a toddler. He always regretted not raising his son. Now he is taking care of him. He rather felt happy but that doesn't mean he wanted him like this forever. He missed the Warren before. Who will talk to him curiously about everything and will whine about Liam when he gets scolded. Who will grin at him when he brings him his favorite food and..

"Daddy?" His big blue eyes that swam with the color of purple meet the same eyes. He smiled at the boy and wiped the drying tears against his chubby, slightly flush cheeks.

"Don't go throwing a tantrum like that with Yam or he'll panic." He giggled and Warren just blink his eyes at him and focus on his father's hair again.

"You're too fond of my hair. Now I'm jealous."

The boy pouted making Ardent loose his smile. He knew that pout when his lower pink lip shook. He was beginning to cry again. He panic but didn't let it show as Warren's eyes pooled with tears.

"Y-Yamm.. Yam.."

"Now-now, Warren. Yam will return. Just wait okay?" He look for something to use or distract him and he felt for his chest. His eyes widen a bit, but he smiled. He grab the pendant and opened it. When the small, sweet sound played, Warren's eyes eyed the pendant and his lip stop shaking. Loosing his pout.

"Look, You gave this to me before. See." Ardent smiled and let Warren took the music clock from his hand.

Warren seemed to calm down as he lean on his father's chest, yawning as he eyed the clock in his small hands. Ardent noticed and he hummed along the sweet tune. He memorized the tune. Recognised it as the song Lyzel always sings for him before.

The song repeated and Warren was already asleep on his father's arms.

"That's her right?"

"Harp.." He look up at Harp's deadpan expression then back at Warren. He carefully got up and lay him on his bed, covering him with the blankets and barricading the toddler's sides with pillows.

When Harp walked out he immediately followed him.

"Harp." He called and Harp just stood there his back facing Ardent.

"Don't be ridiculous. That's Lyzel's locket. She gave it to Warren and he gave it to me when she.. died."

"I'm not asking for an explanation."

"Then look at me and say that again. Lyzel is Warren's mother and you can't changed that. She is.. WAS my wife.

So if you really don't need to talk. I'll go back inside."

Harp hissed and grab Ardent's arm and spun him around when he walk away.

"I know I can't change it.. anything about your past. I wanted to be apart of you but you wont even acknowledge my existence if I was not your mate! I wanted you to say it. Don't hide it from me.. I know you love me Ardent. It just fucking hurts when I feel like even after everything.. I was never a part of your life."

Ardent froze as he eyed Harp's pain filled eyes.

"Harp.."

"I'm sorry. Forget what I said." And he disappeared before Ardent can say anything.