Phantom and Night Chap 2

"Marco!"

"Br-brother?" A fist came in contact with his face.

"You hurt him?" His voice came out loud, tight and powerful. Liam Night. Had the most alluring raven long hair just above his shoulders. He was tall, has lean and slightly built body. But not to be fooled by his slim body. He's the strongest of them all.

"But brother, he's just a human! He's a weak, sick--ack!!"

"Liam stop! You'll kill him!" Cros yells out stopping Liam's arm mid-punch. Marco is Liam's younger brother. Adopted younger brother. He has ash brown hair and green eyes. Has the same height as Liam and has a serious brother complex.

"I'm warning you. Tell them. All of you! He's not just a human. He's my human.

He's my Mate."

Cros and Marco were left, dumbfounded by their leader's sudden revelation.

A mention of a so called 'Mate' was uncalled for in their kind. Not in so many centuries. Them.

Vampires.

Vampires never have Mates since couple of centuries ago when the King of Vampire's Mate died and he experience the most painful feeling that made him insane. As a King with great powers, he cursed the world even his own kind. A curse for Vampire's to never find their mates. Ever. Back then Vampires were only married to their mate. And with little blood line of Vampires, they were allowed to marry any kind therefore having Mates with not only their kind. This also includes humans. Mating is a celebration in their kind. Mates were acknowledged as a gift. Even in the same gender. An announcement of a Mate gives good omen. But with the King's curse. How could Liam even sense his mate?

**flashback**

"Mommy. What's a Mate?"

"Liam, honey. Where did you heard that?"

Young Liam said hugging a book half his size. He went to his mother's side with his hazel eyes sparkling with curiosity.

"I read it here." He said hugging the book tighter while his mom just smile lovingly at him. Sighing, she took the boy onto her lap.

"Honey.." She hesitates but she needs to tell her son the truth.

"Mate's don't exist anymore."

"It says so in the book too... but what are them?"

"Well.. Mate's are the people who are destined for you. They will the person you love with all you're being. You'll feel their pain, sadness but that's good too because you can also feel their joy.. their love. Your mate will be the most important one in your heart. In your life. You'll end up not getting enough. You'll end up being overly possessive but that's good too. You need to protect someone you care so much for. He/she will be your soulmate."

Liam ended up just speechless. His mom knows that her intelligent son understood her.

"I'll find my mate Mommy."

She laughs at his enthusiastic reply.

"Liam, honey. Mate's don't exist anymore. I'm sorry."

"But Mom! I can feel him! He exist!"

Her son's words froze her and at the same time alarmed her.

How? How could her son feel someone who is supposed to be nonexistent?

"But hun.." She was rendered speechless.

"No Mommy! I feel him! I do! I do!" Liam struggled out of his mother's embrace and started jumping around, excited about finding his Mate that his mother knows couldn't exist.

Right?

Elizabeth knows her son is gifted in so many ways. But this gift, she couldn't believe. No Vampire can sense their Mates anymore. One thing to be sure of. She takes the boy in the late King's tomb. A large Crystal lies in the middle of the tomb. It's an underground cave where the First King was buried. The Mating stone that said to lost its power ever since the King died.

She carried her son and in front of the Vampire council the stone glows as Liam touches it. Everyone began to think that Liam's the reincarnation of the King after that. The Late King is the creator of the Mating Stone and no one can ever bring out its power unless you are him. Bringing such a young boy great responsibilities. He became the leader of the Vampire council at a very young age and until now he's the leader of Vampires. Considered almost as the King.

Reincarnation or not.. Liam might change everything's course when he found his Mate. A Mate that shouldn't even existed in the first place.