Phantom and Night chap 4

*Liam's picture*

Mom... I felt the cold round metal in my palm. I open my tired eyes to look at it and felt my body relax further in the warm sheets. The calming tiny sound coming out of the 'music clock' as I call it, surrounded the huge room I'm staying in. My mom. She's beautiful as ever. Her hair was always long. Wavy golden brown. Mine was short and quite lighter than hers, making me look like a cherub as my mom would say to me before. She has dark brown eyes and mine was an icy blue that changes colors when hit by light. Blue to a little bit of a purple shade.

I stared at my Dad's face. He was hugging my mom from behind. He was tall. His skin was like ivory. Like the man who took me in. Come to think of it. I don't even know his name and I barged in his house like this. Anyway, continuing after a sigh. My dad has platinum blond hair. So blond it was almost white. He rather looked like an arc angel. In other terms. He looked heavenly. I guess I got my eyes from him. Icy blue that pierce into you. I never had seen him. Mom said she'll go home with him. I always wonder how it felt like to have a complete family. But mom left me. Then my only family left. Died. I run away that night. With only grandma's words with me.

"I'll miss you, my dear grandson. You're a gift from heaven. Go and find her. When you do, lecture her to not leave such kind boy like you. I love you, my grandson."

I closed the clock and wore it around my neck like a necklace. Grandma made it for me. It made me feel close with my parents. I sat up, rubbing my eyes trying to remember how I got here.

I got cold and fainted? Like a sick kid. Maybe I am truly still just a kid. I sighed and felt the silky pajama on me fell off my shoulder. It was big on my small body. I stood there staring at the whole room I am in feeling smaller by the size of the room. So big.

Looking around the room, looking at the large book shelves and the furniture suddenly I hear the door open. There he stands, holding a tray of food, the man who saved me. He eyed me and I tilted my head on the side with confusion. He just looked away clearing his throat. I swear I saw him wince a bit. Why? He walks towards the lounge area, placing the tray on the coffee table. I approach him and eyed the food with amazement. It was those luxurious gourmet food that you can only see in magazines.

He smiled at me and sat on the couch, patting the space next to him. I walk towards him and sit right next to him. Looking at him waiting. Then he suddenly lets out a short laughter at my slight pout that I didn't intend to make. He reaches towards me fixing my pajamas on place and he comb my bed hair with his long fingers. Flinching at his cold hand that touch my skin ever the slightest while he just smile at me.

"Your hair is so soft, smooth. Like a girl's hair." He burst out of laughter when I glared at him. Narrowing my eyes at him. I then put my focus on the food that he started to prepare, cutting the juicy, medium rare steak into bite size pieces. He stabs one with the fork and mixed it with some organic brown rice, veggies and some steak sauce. He lifted it and fed me. I open my mouth and ate the most delicious food I had tasted. It was amazing.

I eyed him as he fed me and I just let him. Wondering what could his name be. Why would someone like him take care of a lost weak boy like me?

"What is it? You looked like you want to ask me something." He said, smiling. Why does he always have that warm smile when he look at me? I pointed at him and he looked like he was thinking on what my gesture meant. I wrinkled my nose and he chuckles.

"I get it. I do. It's rude of me. I didn't introduced myself." I nod a little bit more excitedly. Wondering how he understood me. I just pointed at him. Huh?