Phantom and Night chap 3

*Lyzel's Picture*

*Flashback*

"Mommy? Anyone?" Warren wondered where his mom went to. He was only 8 back then. He waited. Almost three days passed and he was ended up dehydrated and starving to death. He didn't eat, sleep or moved from where he seated. Their old couch. He wanted to see his Mom. No one cared for him. He only has his Mom.

"Warren!" His grandmother found him unconscious on the floor the next day.

"Where's mommy?" Was the boy's first words he spoke when he woke up in the Hospital.

"I'm right here." His icy blue eyes widen at the sound of his mom's voice.

"Mommy!" He sobs and her mother cradled him in her arms. They left the Hospital with her Grandmother who is looking so disappointed at her daughter. Who will even leave a boy in their house alone?! She could not believe it.

"Nana, thank you." She says. Her long golden brown waves falling across her face. A face showing signs of extreme lethargy. She loss the glow she used to have. Even the beauty that her mother boasts.

"Lyzel. What you did was selfish. He almost died. How can you leave a young boy alone?! How heartless can you get?"

Lyzel just lowers her head. Tears slipping off her cheeks. She wipes them as she rock the boy in her arms back and forth.

"I.. I wanted to see him, Mom." She sobs as she holds her son tight. The boy oblivious of what's happening around as he falls asleep from the warmth he misses so much.

"He's more important than your son?" The old lady looked at her as if she's disgusted at the kind of person her daughter had turn into.

"I need him. I'm sorry but I really need to find him Mom. I need to find him."

"You're insane. That's why he left you."

Lyzel's eyes widen and more of her tears came out in a sob as she hands over the boy in her arms who woken up by then.

"Mommy?" She strokes his hair gently. Fixing the boy's soft curls. Smiling at her son. The boy wanted to go back in his mother's arms but his grandmother won't let him go.

"Go. Now." The old lady coldly said.

"Nana. Please let me talk to him first." Her Mother lets her which she is thankful off.

"Warren, my sweetheart. I love you remember that. I'll comeback for you. When I do. He's with me. I promised. I'll bring your daddy with me. Wait for me, okay?" The boy nods at her, still reaching his small hand to her.

She then hands the boy a silver round object. She opens it and the soft music box tune echoes and the boy stares at the picture on the cover of the clock. A man was with his mom.

"Daddy?" He said his face beaming with happiness.

"Yes baby. That's him" she strokes his hair back again holding in her sobs in as she kissed the boy on his cheek and forehead.

"Mommy will go now."

"Bye mommy. Come home quickly." The boy still does not know that his Mom will never return back for him. Waving his small hand. He says goodbye to his Mom.

That's when Lyzel breaks down, turning away from them. Lyzel couldn't look at her son as she dash away with her old mother disappointed at her.

Lyzel didn't look like she was the woman in the picture. She looked older. Wrinkled, but still so beautiful. She looked so young in Warren's eyes and sees no difference from how she looked in the picture and in his eyes. Warren look like he's so young, you can mistake him for a 5 year old. But he's already 10 years old. He looks young. A boy who ages slowly. Lyzel's mother also knows what's happening as well. She feels helpless as well. What more does a mother who had to leave his son early?

Why did Lyzel even left? What for? Was it really to find Warren's father? All these questions runs in her head as she stares as her daughter disappears from her sight.

*****************

Now, he was turns 18, according to his Nana. He looked 18 alright. His Grandma stated he was 18. But it was already 40 years since his mom left. He was hidden in a small house in far from people. He rarely goes out. He was rarely seen by people and just helps his grandmother plant vegetables on their backyard.

Then his grandmother died one night. He begins to be mute. As his grandma calls him to go back home. Saying his mom won't come back. He forgot to respond. He forgot to talk. He was afraid to talk and ask, again and again. When will his mom return for him?

'When

He didn't know that his mom was actually looking for someone to take care of her son. She aged much as well. Even though Warren didn't mind he'll eventually find out. That he's different. He'll ask questions. Questions that even his mom can't answer for him.