Phantom and Night chap 13

*Harp's picture posted*

Ardent eyed Harp who came smirking at him. He glared at him and loose that glare when he saw Warren's pleading eyes at him. He can't be taken aback with Warrens pleas yet, he really needs to test Liam for his son's welfare.

"Alright.. The real task is just starting." He stood and drag Warren by his hand in the middle of the ballroom. He steps into a small stage that appeared out of nowhere. Liam's hands clenched and he approach them.

"Now-now Liam, calm down. I wont do anything to harm my son.. You'll do that."

Liam's impassive expression fade and he was now furious and it was definitely shown on his face and how the air around him became heavy. All the guest step back and just stayed in a tensed silence.

"Warren stay here okay? Don't move away from the stage. Listen to me okay?" Warren nod and his father's words seemed to calm him down also.. He turn to look at Liam. They met eyes and as if Liam is telling him 'It'll be alright' he nod again but now at Liam. Ardent lift his hand in the air and his hair and coat flew with the strong wind that he made.

He steps away from the stage leaving Warren there. Standing confused to what was going on. Though he was amazed at his father who, for him just looks like a magician.

The a clear cylinder fell from the ceiling and trapped Warren from the small circular stage. The cylinder was glass and attached from the ceiling to the floor.

Ardent close his hand and the large windows of the castle flew open and the air circulated strongly around the whole room.

"What will you do when you know.. Staying with him can hurt him?" Ardent said and he approached Liam.

"Try and save my son. If he got hurt even just a scratch. I wont let you even see him."

Liam gritted his teeth as Ardent walk passed him. He quickly moved. Like he disappeared and appeared in front of Warren's glass prison. He tried hitting the glass but something pushed him away and glass arrows shoot at him scratching his arms and legs.

Warren's eyes widened at the sight of Liam's blood. Then he eyed his father who blew something off his palms that looked like glowing butterflies that flew through the glass and turn into dust in front of his face. Then his vision blurred and he fell asleep inside the glass prison. Liam glared at Ardent who just stared at him with an unreadable face. He made Warren sleep.. He didn't knew how Warren would react but he didn't thought he'd look so hurt seeing Liam wounded. He couldn't bare it so he let him sleep through the task.

"Ardent you!!"

"Focus now little Welkin.." Scarlet said and pointed at the windows. "Ardent has more surprises for you."

Liam stood and his eyes turn red..

Puppets.. Vampire puppets flew from the open windows and surrounded him. They were all holding spears as weapons.

"Really Ardent? This are just so easy.." He was ready to attack them but they all turn away and attack the glass instead.

"Shit! Warren!" He was guarded the glass and when he fought back and killed ten puppets all at once the remaining vampire like puppets grew ten times bigger and started banging the glass.

"Shit stop it!!!" He attacked them again and wanted to get to Warren first but the glass attacked him as well. Sending glass arrows at him. He wondered why the glass didn't attack the puppets and he just cursed Ardent's name.

The puppets can easily crack the glass but Liam can't even be near that. He was now fighting numerous giant vampires all at once who keep growing as he destroyed them one by one. He was starting to get pissed and his fangs grew and his nails grew sharp as he tear the heads off each vampires and pulverized them with just one punched.