Phantom and Night chap 9

I waited 'till Liam was absorbed with his mountain of paper works. He was always deep in his work during this hours. I was with him always and he'll always notice me when I leave but I only needed a minute to get out of the house. I stood and he spoke without looking up at me. He was still typing none stop at his laptop. Scanning to papers in an amazing speed. Well he is a vampire. I keep forgetting he's different. Maybe I just got used to it.

"Ren, where are you going?"

I pointed outside and I know he saw that even without looking at me.

"Comfort Room?" I nodded big and walk slowly.

"Hurry back or I'll come after you" he says. I know you will. Well you always find me anyway. I don't feel nervous in going out now. I smiled to myself and nod as I left. I run out, hiding from the maids but..

"Human. What are you playing at?" I look at Marco and stood from the huge vase I was hiding at. I wave my hands at him saying not to mind me and his frown deepen.

"Tsk." He hissed and just walk off. He's always mad at me. What ever did I do with him? I shrug and turn and hit a wall.

"Warren?" Not a wall. That's Cros.

"Where are you going? Please don't go outside. Liam almost lost it when you disappeared last time." I shook my head quickly making him narrow his eyes at me. Cros is very kind like Liam but he is like a brother to me and Liam.. well.. Anyway. Cros treats me like a little brother too. I look up at him and blink. He just smiled at my pout and patted my hair.

"Don't go outside okay?" I nod quickly and he patted my head again and left. Cros is sharp too. Tsk. Vampire's are so unfair with powers like that. Were they using powers or I was just too obvious? I shrug again and left from the back gate. I saw the black limousine and approach it. The driver bowed at me and open the door for me. I hop in and was amazed by the spacious car. Are all vampire's rich? I wondered and just about 15minutes we were in front of a huge palace like house. Like Liam's but on a larger scale. I think. I walk out of the car and one maid showed me the way.

"Come this way sir." I followed her but I eyed the old furniture and old paintings. Wow. That man wasn't that old right? Liam's house is more modern and I think this house stood for centuries. It look so old but it was very-very clean though. Wow. I was in awe. How many maids do they need to clean old stuffs like this? Liam would flip if one of his antiques got even one scratch. Tsk. Here I go again. Thinking about him.

"I'm glad you came." I turn at him. I entered the room and the maid left bowing at us. I eyed the room. It was his study.

"Want to know about your job?" I just eyed him and shrug. Putting my hands in the pocket of my jacket.

"You really" he paused. ".. Don't speak?" I knew he would ask that. I just shrug at him again and look away. His eyes are weird. I heard him sigh.

"You need to take care of someone. She's old and weak and very ill. Also. She doesn't speak as well." A caregiver? Right.. Doesn't he have maids for that?

"I know you are wondering why I didn't got some maids to do that. I only need this one night. The doctor's said she won't make it that long" He said as if it was nothing. I look at him and what I saw in his eyes were different on how he talk about it. He look like he was about to cry but still masked with his stoic appearance. You wont see unless you look closely. I nodded at him and he sighed. Why was he relieve?

"Come." He says and he walk out and I followed him towards the room. In the room. There was an old woman on a old rocking chair. She was pale, wrinkled.

"I'm back." The man says as he approach the old lady. He knelt in front of her holding her frail wrinkled hand. She didn't respond. I approach them and what I saw made me tremble.