Chapter 26 It's a Date

Chapter 26

It's a Date

Gracie's POV

There had been only one time in my life when I've felt this nervous and scared, it was the day I went into labor with Sarah. She was the only child that made it to the ninth month of my pregnancy. I remember panting as the doctor told me the baby was upside down.

I remember crying and begging for her to be alright. After a couple hours of hard pushing and encouragement from the very kind doctor Sarah was born a healthy baby. After she was cleaned up and the nurses and doctor left I held her in my arms thankful that it was over. Now four years later I was standing at the kitchen window above the sink watching Jason shoveling the yard for Sarah and I was feeling the same nerves and fear.

Except this time I wasn't dreading the worst scenario, no instead I am dreading the best case scenario. The best case scenario would be that Jason's feelings are genuine and mine as well. What than? I don't know what to do, do I tell him 'I like you too but I have some issues I want to work out first'.

I snorted at the scene in my head. Yeah that won't send him running the other way. Jason's been patient enough and it just doesn't seem fair to keep him waiting.

Leaning forward I sighed as Jason headed towards the last patch of snow in the yard. Sarah was sitting in a lawn chair watching him with as much adoration as me. I know he's clearing it out for Sarah, when we arrived the yard was covered in snow from the last snow fall. It was untouched but the next day it was cleared and I know it was for her.

The phone rang snapping me out of my gawking at the god-like man outside. Reaching for the cordless phone I cleared my throat before answering

"Hello."

"Gracie!" a familiar man's voice shouted into the receiver

I smiled at Liam's unnecessary shouting. "Hi Liam." I replied happy to hear his voice

I've really missed Liam from the short time we've known each other. I miss his funny comments and even his bickering with whoever is near him.

"Oh Gracie it's great to hear your voice, you won't believe how much I've missed you." he laughed

"I miss you too Liam, how are you?" I asked

"Same old, same old, what about you and Sarah? Is Jason treating you right or do I need to clock him?" he asked half joking

I bit my lip to keep from laughing, I'm pretty sure Jason could take Liam but it's kind of him to be concerned.

"We're fine Liam and believe it or not Jason has been a gentlemen and a great playmate for Sarah." I chuckled at the last part as I recall Sarah's idea for a dress up tea party

Poor Jason would have been stuck wearing a dress if I hadn't told her we were going out today.

"He's changed theses past few days." I added as I returned my gaze towards the window

Jason was nearly finished when Sarah leapt out of her chair and onto his back knocking him into his knees. Jason who was chuckling rather than angry scooped her up into his arms before placing her gently on the soft white ground. Sarah's childish giggles filled the quiet late morning as he tossed the soft powder onto her.

"How so?" Liam asked his tone strangely happy

"He's kinder first off." I laughed "He's funny, patient and he hasn't raised voice once to Sarah." I added with a warm smile

"You forgot charming." Liam said in a high pitched voice meant to sound like a woman

We both bursted into laughter at his horrid attempt to sound like a woman.