Chapter 17 Hard Desicion

I know long time no write:( I'm sorry and hopefully you'll enjoy this

**********************

Chapter 17

Hard Decision

Jason's POV

I watched as Gracie held the mirror one of the nurses gave her in one hand while she dabbed on the pale liquid onto her face. She already finished her arms which looked normal.

In fact the concealer covered all the bruising, as if they were never there and that's what pisses me off the most. But Gracie wants to see her daughter and this is the only way.

I can't believe twenty four hours ago I believed Gracie would ever hurt her.

My phone vibrated as Jack sent me a text that they were in the parking lot.

"They're coming." I said

She put the mirror on the side of the bed and shoved the concealer under her pillow. Her green eyes were set downwards with tears.

Since I left earlier to call the officer who's name is Ray, Gracie has seemed a little distracted. I asked her what's wrong but she just shrugs and mumbles nothing.

Walking over to her I grabbed her small hands with one of mine.

"Grace."

She raised her head up a sadness in her soft features. My hand had a mind of it's own as I cupped the side of her face.

I felt her press her cheek into my hand as her eyes closed. Something doesn't feel right.

Before I could press on a familiar voice echoed in the quiet hospital hallway. I stepped away from Gracie as she sat up her eyes brightening instantly.

The door opened as Sarah ran straight to her mom's side. Gracie bent her arms down and pulled the small child onto the bed.

"Momma I thought he hurt you." Sarah cried into her mom's shoulder

Gracie stroked Sarah's glossy dark hair that I now realized was the same as her father's.

"I'm fine sweetie just a bit tired." Gracie answered her voice thick with tears

Sarah nuzzled into her mom's side and wrapped her small arms around Gracie's neck. Gracie winced at the tight hold but didn't tell Sarah to let go.

"Oh sweetheart." Lucielle cried as she walked over to the bed and trapped Gracie in a hug

My aunt's blonde hair fell over Sarah as she squeezed both mother and daughter tightly. Luicelle could barely believe what happened to Gracie.

Jack patted my shoulder as he came in with Jackie behind him holding a large Teddy bear.

"Me and aunt Jackie picked it out together." Sarah said as she sat on her mom's lap beaming

"Thank you all, I hope Sarah wasn't a bother."

"Of course not, we love having her around." Lucielle replied as she looked down with adoring eyes

Gracie smiled weakly, a look of pain flashed through her eyes. What has her looking so blue?

"Momma aunt Jackie said we can stay at Jason's house for a while longer. Can we momma, please his house is so big." the child pleaded

I watched as the sadness grew in her saucer like eyes. After Gracie files charges against that bastard she will be living with me till she gets on her feet again. Jackie and I agreed on it last night before she went home.