Chapter 13 Lies Are Easier To Believe

Ahhhhh this time I was quick -claps excitedly- I literally wrote this in one day which is rare for me!

No erasing! Enjoy it!

********************

Chapter 13

Lies Are Easier to Believe

Jason's POV

With a wide grin I walked to where my aunt was. I kissed her cheek as she set a plate of brownies down.

"What's that for?" Lucielle asked

"For all you've done." I said as I placed my arm on her shoulder

She smiled causing her smooth skin to wrinkle. I reached over and grabbed a brownie.

"It's nice to see you in a brighter mood." Lucielle said not scolding me for taking a brownie

I'm not in a brighter mood, I am on cloud nine. Kissing Gracie was better than I have dreamed. Her soft red lips, small body, curious hands. Everything about her was ten times better than I thought.

Maybe getting involved with her isn't a bad thing. Actually when I couldn't sleep last night I was thinking about committing. To have a real relationship that is. I know Gracie is messing with someone but I can't help but want her in my arms.

She fit perfectly.

"Where is my daughter Jack!" a fat elderly man shouted

"Calm yourself Ben, she'll be out in a minute." my uncle told him as he walked away looking irritated

The fat man clenched his jaw looking like he could hit my uncle. Lucielle looked over to where I staring.

"That's Gracie's lazy no good stepfather." she said as she shook her head

The old man looked around the diner probably searching for Gracie. I placed the brownie down and wiped my hands of any crumbs.

"Hi Jason McTern." I greeted as I stuck my hand out

The fat man's small brown eyes looked me over with a sour expression. When he didn't reach for my hand I pulled it back.

"If your looking for Gracie she's finishing some cupcakes up in the back. She should be out any minute."

He nodded as he peered behind to where the kitchen doors were.

"So your the owner. Jack's boy." Ben said taking me in

I nodded. He ran his tongue over his teeth as his eyes squinted strangely.

"Since you see my daughter everyday Jason I was wondering if you'd keep an eye on her. She tends to be rather rebellious."

My brows came together in confusion. Gracie rebellious, that doesn't sound like her.

"She doesn't strike me as a bad girl." I replied

Ben shook his head and reached out grabbing me by my arm. He guided me toward the front door. Ben was a pretty short man, he barely reached my shoulders.

"I love my stepdaughter and want the best for her like any other parent but Gracie doesn't. She tends to get involved with the wrong men."

Ben looked over his shoulder and chuckled. "She's a bit loose if you know what I mean."

"Gracie is not loose." I defended quickly

I gritted my teeth to keep from saying anything else I'd regret, although right now I don't think I'll regret it. Ben's nostrils flared.