Chapter 39 "Going In"

Scarlett

Taking a deep breath, I sneaked out of my hiding spot, behind the bushes, and moved furtively towards the two men guarding the back gate. With a swift motion, I plucked out my knife and instantly stabbed the first guy on his back, and promptly kicked the second guy to his gut, before pulling out the knife from the first guy's back, and swiped it on the second guy's neck, causing him to instantly choke on his blood.

"Damn, can you make it less bloody?" Violet spoke through the comm, making me roll my eyes.

"Sorry," I mumbled before climbing over the gate, and jumped to the other side. As soon as I landed on my feet, I saw movements on my peripheral vision, and acting out of reflex, I threw the knife to its direction, hitting the guard on his side, causing him to cry in pain. I instantly rolled forward, snatching the gun out of another guard's grasps, and pistol-whipped him. Hearing a crunch behind me, I immediately turned around, ready to shoot someone, but Violet had beat me to it when a bullet from her sniper rifle past through the third guard's head.

"You're welcome," she said triumphantly, making me smile.

"I got that one," I argued jokingly.

"Well, like I said, I got your back."

"Okay...I'm gonna head inside now," I said as I started moving forward, until I reached the back double doors. Taking my suppressed gun from the holster, I knocked on the door three times and stepped aside, readying myself. As soon as the door swayed open, I instantly shoot the guard to his head, and promptly pushed him to the side so I could get a good view of the guard who was about to eat his sandwich until he stopped halfway when he saw me, looking surprised. Cocking a brow as I grinned, I pulled the trigger, before he could get his gun, hitting him on the chest.

"All clear," I mumbled through the comm.

"Okay. Changing position now," she said as I heard shuffling sound on the other end. Taking a deep breath, I crept forward, aiming the gun in front cautiously. After opening empty rooms, I reached the kitchen, and when I heard faint voices inside, I quickly leaned against the wall, and tried to hear what they were conversing about.

"I tell you bro, she's one badass chic..."

"And a crazy one for punching The Mother..."

"Well, she's got guts..." My lips curled into a proud smile as I listened to the guards talking. I was sure they were talking about Liv, although it was crazy move for punching Helena, I admit, I felt a little pleased for what she had done. I remembered how she had been traumatized for what Helena had done to her, but she overcame it, and I couldn't more proud of her.

As I got a little distracted, a guy walked out of the kitchen, and instantly stopped as he looked at me, stunned, like I was, but luckily I recovered first, immediately hitting him with the butt of my gun, causing him to reel back, clutching his nose. I quickly held his shirt, and pulled him close, using him as a shield before getting in the kitchen and started firing. I was able to hit two guards, unfortunately, the other two had managed to duck behind the kitchen island. Pushing the guard I was holding, I shot him on the chest, and rained bullets to the other two behind the island to get them distracted as I ran to their direction. I slid atop the surface and landed between the two guys, catching them off guard. I kicked the guard on my left before turning to the other one, and took hold of his hands holding the gun as he was about to aim it, guiding it to shoot the guard who I just kicked. I elbowed his face, and snatched the gun from his hands before shooting him.

"What the hell was that? We're supposed to be discreet," Violet hissed through the comm, making me flinch a little.

"I had to. Where are you?" I asked as I crept out of the kitchen. As soon as I stepped out, several bullets had rained upon me, forcing me to run to the dining room and hid against the wall. I sneaked a look at the grand room and saw few guys descending the stairs. I fired at them, and managed to hit three guys.