Chapter 7 "Suspicion"

Scarlett

I didn't get a goodnight sleep last night as I was thinking about Olivia and the fact that she called me by my real name. How the hell did she know? Only her parents knew, were they the one who told her? If so, I might as well come clean and tell her the truth. The only reason I didn't tell her was that her parents asked me to since she didn't like having bodyguards near her, she always sneaked away without them realizing and putting herself more in danger. So I had to protect her from afar which was not easy by the way.

"Hey," I looked up from my trance and saw Sara adjusting her glasses, hesitation was written in her face. Biting my lower lip, I looked down unable to look at her after what I did last night. I totally forgot to apologize to her this morning. Great!

"Can I sit?" she asked softly and I nodded, still looking down. We sat silently opposite each other, unsure of who should speak up first. It took me few minutes to wait for her to speak up until I was having enough of it.

"I'm sorry," we both muttered at the same time. We stared at each other for a moment before bursting out in laughter. Students sitting on other tables looked at us like we were crazy but neither of us cared. My stomach was starting to hurt and I could feel tears on the edges of my eyes. 

"S-Seriously, I'm s-sorry," I stuttered in between my laughter. She took a deep breath and beamed a smile at me.

"You were crazy last night  but I forgive you. Just don't ever do it again."

I sighed in relief, "That's good to know and I won't." Hopefully!

"And I'm sorry for slamming the door and not saying goodbye."

"That wasn't nice but I forgive you," I answered.

"Does that mean we're friends?"

"No, I don't do friends," I said deadpanned. She sighed while rolling her eyes and took a bite of her cupcake instead. I smiled and glanced at Olivia's direction. She was sitting beside Elle as usual with two other girls. Her gaze flickered at me while she was listening but I shifted my gaze towards the book I was reading.

Practice came and I didn't bother changing since I couldn't join in because of my injury. Mr. Brooks was okay with it and he wasn't around also so it would be Olivia and me who would manage the squad as usual.

While on my way to the gym, I thought about what I would say to Olivia. Of course I was planning to tell her everything after the practice since she probably knew what I was. But if she knew, she would have confronted me already? And if she was still oblivious, then how the hell did she know my real name? I guess I had to find out.

I reached the gym and found Olivia sitting on the bleacher, tying her shoelaces. I walked to her, clearing my throat to let her know. She looked up with a surprised expression on her face. Standing up, she crossed her arms and composed herself.

"You need something?" she asked sternly.

"Can we talk after practice?"

"Yeah sure," she said, smiling. 

"Great! I'll be here." She nodded before jogging towards the other girls and boys. I watched do the stretchings then to the routines. Every flex and move she made were really amusing. I couldn't take my eyes away from her, it was as if I was being pulled by her. That was why she was the captain because no one was far better than her. The way how she taught others with her steps and how she could easily come up with those steps were really amazing. For a short period of time she made already made contributed great steps. I'd say she was born to do this and I was glad she pursued in becoming a cheerleader.