Chapter 11 "Back To School"

Scarlett

I woke up earlier than usual and gently tucked the familiar weight of Liv's arm over my waist to her side. She stirred lightly and her nose crinkled for a second which made me smile. Slowly lifting myself up, I jogged towards the bathroom to start my daily routine. As soon as I got out from the bathroom, I changed into a white tee and ripped skinny jeans and put on a pair of black knee-high boots.

When I was done changing, I went downstairs to cook breakfast for Liv since I usually skipped breakfast and today was no different. While waiting for the waffles, I heard the faint ringing of the alarm clock upstairs. Sighing, I took off the apron and trotted upstairs straight to our room. As expected, Liv was still asleep, putting the pillow over her head as her body was almost on the edge of the bed. Walking around the bed to turn the alarm, I picked up the pillow covering her head and threw it.

"Liv, wake up, it's time for school," She groaned and slapped my hand shaking on her arm. "Liv, I'm warning you. Get up, I don't want to be late in our first day back." When she didn't move, I walked back downstairs towards the kitchen. Grabbing a glass, I filled it with water before going back upstairs. If she didn't want to wake up, then I would make her.

I hovered near her sleeping figure and with a smirk, I quickly poured all the content on the glass to her face. She gasped and immediately sat up while coughing.

"What the fuck!"

"Good morning! Time for school," I said cheerfully while grinning like an idiot to goad her even more. After wiping her face, she threw a murderous glare in my direction but before she could snap, I was already walking towards the door.

"Hey come back here, you...ugh!" She bellowed as I closed the door.

In the whole ten-minute ride, Liv refused to hold onto me while riding my bike and was pretty silent as she refused to talk to me. She was still mad about that little stunt I pulled earlier, which was, by the way, her fault. It didn't bother me though because I knew she would come around later. Once I parked our ride, she immediately got off without a word and strided towards the entrance. I quickly lifted my helmet off and got out of the bike before catching up to her side. She only gave me a sideglance then continued walking, not bothered by my presence or by the students who were looking at us since we arrived.

We walked until we reached the hallway and heard the bell rang for the first subject. I mentally sighed in relief and stopped in front of our classroom but when I thought Liv would enter first, I found her walking away and probably heading to the restroom.

"Ahh Liv, come on," I shouted before dragging myself to her direction.

"Where do you think you're going Ms. Flynn?" My ears perked up and I stopped on my tracks, turning to look at Mrs. Pierce.

"Um, restroom?"

"Ohhh I see. If I were you Ms. Flynn, I wouldn't want to be late considering your two-week absence. You and Ms. Cox have a lot to catch up on. Did you two agreed to be absent? It's unusual,"

I snorted, "Thanks for reminding me Mrs. Pierce but I'm afraid it's none of your business. I'll see you later," With a smile, I turned my back on her and walked towards the restroom, hoping to find Liv there.

I reached my destination in no time by speedwalking and found her just went out of the restroom, zipping her shoulder bag. She looked up then spotted me approaching, making her roll her eyes. I stopped on my tracks while she stomped on my direction. As I expected, she walked past me and I tried to grab her arm but I found her soft hand instead. I squeezed it while turning to look at her.