Chapters 341-350

Holding the mop in her hand, Rosetta took a look at it before making a similar action the way Eugene had showed her.

Rosetta dipped her mop in the bucket, sloshing it up and down in water. She enjoyed doing it as it seemed fun. Then came to twist the cloth and she watched the water drip. Having never done anything like this before, she felt shivers run down her body at the thought of having to touch it. It was because the cloth looked ragged and old.

Gulping down the icky feeling she felt, Rosetta told herself, 'If I pass through this, Eugene will see me in a new light. I need to do my best!' She finally touched the wet mop and squeezed the water as she scrunched her face.

Eugene, who stood on the other side, watched the vampiress putting her effort and he continued with his work. Who knew that the vampiress would show such determination. He hadn't expected her to touch the mop, but here she was.

The first time he had met her, he had remembered her crying her eyes out while in her drunk state.

"Front and back. Front and back," Rosetta pushed the mop on the floor. "This seems more fun than it looks," she muttered and continued to follow what Eugene had instructed her.

Suddenly feeling empowered by just touching the mop and doing something she had never done before, she used more force and tried to speed up the process. Every now and then, she looked up at Eugene and shyly smiled. They were already a couple! Cleaning together early in the morning, her chest puffed in pride. While the vampiress continued to dream about their future as she worked, she heard something crack and her eyes fell on her mop, which had broken into two parts. The wet mop, and upper side of the wooden stick.

Rosetta's eyes widened. She quickly took a look at Eugene, who hadn't noticed her incompetence. She quickly tried to hide it and held the two ends of the wooden sticks as tight as she could. The last thing she needed was him to dismiss her. It seemed like being a servant wasn't easy, the vampiress thought.

When Eugene turned to look at her, Rosetta stared back at him and heard him say, "Be careful to not step on the wet floor."

Rosetta smiled, "Thank you for taking care of me so that I don't fall."

Eugene pursed his lips as that wasn't the only reason and he said, "You will leave footprints if you walk on it."

Rosetta's happy smile lowered on hearing her beloved's stern voice, "I will keep that in mind." She muttered, "You could have admitted that you are looking after me. Eugene cares about me," and she secretly smiled.

Eve, who stood behind the wall leading to the corridor on the left, took a peek and was glad to see that everything was going well so far. When she felt something soft curl around her ankle, she softly gasped and noticed it was Timotei.

"You scared me, Timotei," Eve whispered to the black cat and raised her finger placing it on her lips.

"Did you think I was a ghost who came back to haunt you and your lover? Let me just turn back to my original self, and I will throw him out. Actually you should turn him into a toad, and I will eat him for dinner," Timotei suggested before chuckling at the idea.

"Vincent?" Eve asked him.

"Where?!" The cat quickly turned worried and looked around to see if the pureblooded vampire was here. He then questioned, "What are you even doing here?"

"Rosetta is working along with Eugene," Eve replied, and Timotei craned his neck forward and noticed the human and the vampiress working in the corridor.

"The disastrous human Romeo and Juliet vampire," Timotei remarked and shook his head.

"Did you ever love anyone when you were a vampire... or a kitty?" Eve tried to hold in the smile when Timotei grimaced at the idea.