Chapter 16.

They were now sitting in their positions listening to the speeches. Almost 200 guests were already present and it was just 15 minutes that the reception started.

She was getting so bored looking at everyone and listening to the boring speeches which Alex's buisness partners were giving.

"Love." He called her softly snapping her from her thoughts. She looked at him.

"What's wrong, you aren't looking fine? Is there any problem?" He spoke taking her hand in both of his hands and gently caressing it a little.

"Nothing." She replied taking her hand away from his grip.

He sighed and looked in the front. After few minutes Adil and his wife came, Eira didn't notice their presence but Alex did.

"Come with me, you have to meet someone." He whispered near her ear making her shiver by his voice.

"Who?"

"Just come."

They both got up and Alex was leading the way.

"Assalam ul alaikum uncle and aunt." He tried to say it with a small smile, Eira's eyes widen looking at them.

"Walikum as salaam." Adil replied with a smile.

Eira came forward and hugged both of them tightly. They hugged her back caressing her gently. Alex's eyes turned into a softest cotton looking at her.

"Sweetheart what happened?" Her mother asked softly as she didn't moved back even after 2 minutes.

She shook her head and stood straight.

"My daughter is looking so pretty." Adil said with his usual soft and peaceful smile.

"Really?" She asked with little excitement making them chuckle.

"Indeed." Alex mumbled, but it was clearly heard by Eira.

"Please have a seat and feel free to eat and drink anything, it doesn't contain any prohibited things." He said casually, making Adil and his wife (Ayesha) eyes to widen.

They both looked at Eira in complete shock, she nodded with a smile which was hidden under her veil.

"Don't the Christian have this tradition to keep alcohol." Adil asked settling down to a nearby chair.

"They have but don't you think I belong to somewhere else now." He said with a smirk, making three of them to surprise again.

"May Allah bless you son."

They talked for few more minutes and Alex got up after ordering two of the servers to stand near the table and serve them.

"What's wrong sweetheart? You don't look good, are you fine?" Ayesha asked looking at her keenly.

"It's nothing Ammi." She whispered in a low voice.

"Eira."

"I don't know Ammi, I'm not feeling good."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Uh.. It's nothing my head is spinning a little nothing else don't worry." She tried to cover up, and it wasn't any lie she was indeed having a headache.

"Are you sure nothing else?"

She shook her head holding her hand which was kept on the table, Adil was listening to them silently.

"How is his Father?" Adil asked this time looking at his daughter.

"He." She stopped in the middle.
"How many curse words are there in the world it's him." She said through gritted teeth.