A Well Deserved Rest

"Was that it, Blitz?" Sundew asked, Blitz smiled and nodded. "For now. I'm sure, I'm going to need your help soon." He gestured to the seat next to him. "I think I'll sit here." Sundew circled her child, the eevee yawned and tried to scoot away but Sundew blocked her with her tail. "Moooommm." She whined. "Stop trying to squirm, little worm." Sundew quietly scalded. Zorua bit down a chuckle. Eevee glared daggers at him. "What did I do?" he asked innocently, putting on a show with his puppy eyes. "You know exactly what you did." Eevee huffed and looked away from her friend. "Don't be like that." Zorua laughed in a mocking voice. "Settle down young ones." Sundew quieted and everyone stopped and turned back to Blitz. He sighed, "I was getting a little tired, but alright!" Blitz smiled kindly at the young ones, even though it had been many years since their last adventure, Sundew's heart still fluttered when Blitz smiled like that.

Sundew woke to something brushing against her head leaf, she groggily lifted her head up and saw Blitz wide awake and held a paw in the air, he set it down and smiled at Sundew kindly. Tears swelled in her eyes as the quilt flooded back, "I'm so sorry Blitz." She managed. He opened out his arms, at least, as wide as he could and winced when spreading. Sundew got up and leaned on the side of the bed, she carefully wrapped her paws under his arms and started to cry into his shoulder, "I'm sorry, I didn't know that thing was there, I thought we could get here easily, I-I'm sorry Blitz." She sobbed. Blitz grip around her tightened and he nuzzled his cheek against hers. Sundew parted and Blitz pointed to his throat and nodded, seemingly to show understanding of the situation. He shrugged and smiled it off, Sundew forced herself to a half smile. "Sylveon took care of your wounds." She said, Blitz nodded and shook nervously. He rubbed his stomach and it growled ferociously. He made a huff sound that could pass for a chuckle and Sundew nodded, understanding that he was hungry. "I-I'll go grab something for us to eat." She smiled. Blitz nodded and stared out the window, looking at the beautiful crystal blue ocean.

Sundew got up and walked out into the bleak white hall, Sylveon was in another room with a window, she was spraying a potion on a Pokémon that Sundew couldn't see. Sylveon turned and peered out the window, seeing Sundew, she waved with one of her ribbons, then went back to helping her patient. Sundew smiled.

I'm in her debt for helping Blitz

Sundew thought cheerfully and walked down to the main lobby. Before she walked into the lobby, she heard the main door chime ring and Turt heavily sigh. "Not here for you Turt." Someone giggled and walked into Sundew, "oof sorry, oh hey Sundew" said a familiar voice. Sundew wiped her eyes and saw a smiling Vaporeon. "Hey Aqua!" Sundew quickly embraced her friend. "What are you doing here? Here for the ocean again?" Sundew asked, surprised by her sudden run in. "You betcha! I also came to see Sen" Aqua chimed and a small blush spread across her face. "Who's Sen?" Sundew asked, curious to know who her friend liked. "You live in this town, how do you not know Sen? She works here!" Aqua chimed, her fin tail swaying from side to side.

Sundew shrugged, "I don't visit the poke center often, I don't get hurt that often." Aqua huffed, "then why are you here? You don't look like you were hurt." Aqua walked around Sundew, inspecting her body for scratches or bruises. "I wasn't hurt. My friend was." Sundew sighed, "that's why I'm out here, I'm grabbing him some food." Sundew was about to walk past Aqua but she quickly stopped her and smirked. "Him~?" Aqua emphasized. "Oh lord, not right now Aqua." Sundew laughed, "Have you made any progress on Pine?" Aqua's smile disappeared at the mention of her brother. She sighed heavily, "I got two letters from a Flareon I met named Blitz who says he's been in contact with Pine. AND I got a letter from Pine, first one in a year." Aqua jumped. "Do you have them on you?" Sundew asked eagerly. Vaporeon shook her head. "Sadly, no, I left them at my group's camp. But I read them. Blitz had said something along the lines like

"Hey, It's Blitz, I got in contact with Pine and I informed him of the situation. He looked pretty mad/sad when I told him. I'm not sure what his response is but I hope his and my letter make it to you. Best of luck. -Blitz" Aqua said. Sundew pondered what Pine could have said. "Pine?" Aqua nodded and put a paw to her chin. "Something like, Hey Sis...It's been a while, you probably thought I was dead, well, as you can tell I AM NOT DEAD! I just need time, I need a plan. I'll come back when I'm ready." Aqua nodded. "It was very short but got to the point." Aqua shrugged. Sundew nodded. "That was relieving to hear, thank you." Aqua nodded once more and walked off. Sundew continued down to the lobby.