Headstrong and independent, Jess Nichols doesn't need anyone's pity over the murder of her estranged father, least of all from the cop assigned to protect her family. As the investigation goes deeper, she turns to him to help her make sense of the family secrets it reveals.
He proves to be exactly what she needs, but can she trust the feelings she has for him aren't fueled by the danger they are facing?
Lieutenant Shaun King was just doing his job, part of the investigation into the mass shooting at the plastics plant. Now he's in deep, trying his best not to let love get in the way of protecting Jess and her family from danger.
Protecting Jess is a completed contemporary romance novel about following your heart, staying true to your roots, and the power love has to heal.
- Chapter 1 - Next of Kin
- Chapter 2 - Dead is Dead
- Chapter 3 - Shock Factor
- Chapter 4 - Butter Tarts and Secrets
- Chapter 5 - Fainting
- Chapter 6 - Mind Full of Chaff
- Chapter 7 - Checkpoint
- Chapter 8 - Tired
- Chapter 9 - Early Chickens
- Chapter 10 - Welcome Distraction
- Chapter 11 - Hard Questions
- Chapter 12 - Impulse Control
- Chapter 13 - Comfort and Need
- Chapter 14 - Operation Jerk
- Chapter 15 - Letting In
- Chapter 16 - Morning After
- Chapter 17 - Reality for Breakfast
- Chapter 18 - Ride It Out
- Chapter 19 - Coffee and Maps
- Chapter 20 - Truck Rock
- Chapter 21 - Fully Completely
- Chapter 22 - Teamwork
- Chapter 23 - Mary
- Chapter 24 - The Truth Hurts
- Chapter 25 - Timing
- Chapter 26 - Muddy
- Chapter 27 - I'm Fine
- Deleted Scene - The Aftermath